Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Why can't you give ice cubes and/or a lil extra water to his food instead
of salting his water?

I don't like or trust these people, don't even trust it's his urine sample.

Hoping Murphy gets better, please update afterwards, thank you.

I was thinking that too.
I used to add water to his kibble anyways, because it would slow him down and at the time I didn't think he was drinking enough water so win win.
So going to do that. :)

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
It's the steroid shot. It makes them retain and drink water and they can't hold it. I know because my pitbull was on them for allergies and would have accidents all the time. Once it's out of his system (a few weeks) he should return to normal. He may not be drinking enough too hence the crystals..

OP
Kimberlie

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
It's the steroid shot. It makes them retain and drink water and they can't hold it. I know because my pitbull was on them for allergies and would have accidents all the time. Once it's out of his system (a few weeks) he should return to normal. He may not be drinking enough too hence the crystals..

That makes sense.
But he should still need the medicine to get the crystals our right??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was thinking that too.
I used to add water to his kibble anyways, because it would slow him down and at the time I didn't think he was drinking enough water so win win.
So going to do that. :)

If you're adding water to the kibbles for each meal and give bones with marrow Murphy is having his intake of water. I have to top Nyala's home cook meals 2x a day with water. She's fine. Lately, it's 28 cel here really hot for her and she wont drink between meals so I add her salmon oil in her water. I put only half in her water and other half when I refresh her water. She drinks it!!!! If you need to add salt to food get the real salt made in France. In a little bag grayish colour. Only salt left thats: Unprocessed, unrefined, unadulterated, Complex balance of the sea and her minerals, Handharvested In Brittany France. Others including myself had experienced it . I went through all that. Ask 2bullymom or riisi and others. Stick to your cranberry capsule 250 gr throughout the day mixed in his food, salmon oil for now , it's not 2 weeks that will make it worse. Let the steroids get out of the system. And if you are still worried and still not sure, put Murphy on home cooking that will solve the problem. Just a thought :)

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
That makes sense.
But he should still need the medicine to get the crystals our right??

That I'm uncertain about, I'm guessing it would depend on what kind they are. Did they call you back yet?

Sorry went back and saw the updates! What does not having yogurt have to do with urine crystals? Guess that confused me because you will usually WANT them to have yogurt with antibiotics to help with digestion. But I'm def NOT a vet. The salt in water idea doesn't sound right to me either.. hmmm. As for him going potty in his crate, any way you can do a night walk until it gets better? My guess is he truly just can't hold it. Poor guy and poor you!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
oh you don't want to get me started on vets... I agree with the fact to first get a new vet ASAP.. if my vet told me that were to busy doing other things i would have went off... oh, yeah i did do that once.. anyhoo... i think the steroids cause the extra peeing.. my odie had to have steroid in pill form and he was a peeing machine.. hope all goes ok with new vet.. keep us updated.. good luck..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.