Bulldog chin acne?

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Beef has a weird red bump on his chin, and I'm wondering if its some sort of acne? It's been there for about a week. It started as what looked like a pimple and then got a little bigger. Now it's like a raised red circle. It's the only one on his whole body and it's never happened before. Does this look familiar to anyone? image.jpeg. Best picture I could get

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... Acne develops if chin is left wet. Wipe it dry after eating and drinking and ot will help prevent it.

You can use stridex to help now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I put apple cider vinegar in his water. It is naturally antibacterial and it has helped greatly with acne when I am not there to wipe his face.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15146]Dfestaiuti[/MENTION] It loooks like something Castor had on his chest a few months ago. Is it just on the skin or does it seem to go deeper?

What Castor had disappeared and is no longer there. It started out looking like Beef's bump but with a marble-sized lump under the skin which made me worried. The vet didn't know what it was but apparently they diagnose everyhting like that as potential tumours. They shaved the area and gave us adhesive band-aid to cover up (didn't work very well - fell off after a minute!). It bled a few times and we washed it with ordinary tap water. No medication. It then healed and disappeared.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Beef has a weird red bump on his chin, and I'm wondering if its some sort of acne? It's been there for about a week. It started as what looked like a pimple and then got a little bigger. Now it's like a raised red circle. It's the only one on his whole body and it's never happened before. Does this look familiar to anyone? View attachment 97950. Best picture I could get

For sure. You may want to ask the vet for some Muricin to put on it. That helped our guys. If it's very deep he may need an antibiotic. Make sure you clean bowls with hot water and soap every time you feed and water at least 1x a day. What helped us a lot was switching to ceramic dishes. People swear by metal but my vet insists on Ceramic, stating many dogs have metal sensitivities and people use their metal dishes for years and the metal in them wears/breaks down.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online