Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
How long did it take using the Aquafor before the nose healed and regenerated ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How long did it take using the Aquafor before the nose healed and regenerated ?

She told me that was the next day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
We use Bag Balm of Bodies nose. It works really well! Normally, I put it on and the following day when cleaning his face, all the thick, dry, cracked parts fall off, revealing a smooth beautiful nose!! But have to keep it up every few days....we tried the snout smoother also with really no results....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
We use Bag Balm of Bodies nose. It works really well! Normally, I put it on and the following day when cleaning his face, all the thick, dry, cracked parts fall off, revealing a smooth beautiful nose!! But have to keep it up every few days....we tried the snout smoother also with really no results....

As far as the paws, Bodie gets the long hairs/calluses on his front paws too. I don't do anything for them, they eventually wear down/off just by normal walking...
But I do swear by the Bag Balm, it's safe to ingest also, cuz like your Maximus, Bodie licks at it too, but our vet has said it's perfectly fine to use!

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
UPDATE:: The Aquafor seems to be working for Max's Nose. That's a good sign. His Hyperkeratosis of his paws requires a lot more attention - the 'hairs' have to be cut with scissors, and can only be cut when those 'hairs' are wet. So, Max has to soak in
a tub filled with Dawn Dish Detergent so that the Grease that is all throughout those 'hairs' gets removed so that the hairs can be cut with sharp scissors. It is a very painstaking procedure, but it has to be done or Max's walk and gait will be thrown off
balance, which will affect his knees and his hips (and he already has ACL problems in both knees).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE:: The Aquafor seems to be working for Max's Nose. That's a good sign. His Hyperkeratosis of his paws requires a lot more attention - the 'hairs' have to be cut with scissors, and can only be cut when those 'hairs' are wet. So, Max has to soak in
a tub filled with Dawn Dish Detergent so that the Grease that is all throughout those 'hairs' gets removed so that the hairs can be cut with sharp scissors. It is a very painstaking procedure, but it has to be done or Max's walk and gait will be thrown off
balance, which will affect his knees and his hips (and he already has ACL problems in both knees).

Good to hear there is some improvement.... keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b34322

Dec 31, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mo
A&D ointment works really well for this. I use it on my bulldog and it peels away after a couple days.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
To anyone who's bully has nose problems and them licking off whatever you put on, I read a very good tip. Put it on immediately before feeding when they are so interested in their food, they forget there is something on their nose! I recently tried it with Monty and it really helps.

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
My vet gave me a Solva-ker gel... the instructions are to use it 1x daily until area is improved to normal conditions and then use 2-3 times weekly for maintenance.. the main ingredient is Salicylic acid and it is essentially like we would use on our feet for corn removal... We have done great with it and Cinders nose is very healthy. I only use about twice weekly..

Rosco the bulldog

Jan 3, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
We use coconut oil on our bulldog Rosco. It works pritty ok and if he licks it off it is actually good for his skin and coat.

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
What
Ha. Maximus has a ton of issues. He came that way. I was actually appalled when I got him home at 4-months of age and then took him to my Vet for his first initial exam. He was a total mess, from head to toe. His ears were infected, he had Giardia for months, he had Entropion which required surgery on the (L) eye, his skin and coat were a mess, due to the poor diet he was being fed by his breeder. It took me months to get this dog straightened out. He required daily care on just about every part of his body. The allergies
were causing him a lot of distress and I wasn't getting much help from my Vet who just prescribed Antibiotics constantly. He was never put on Allergy medication to clear up his skin and coat. And I had to change his diet real fast. Because of the Giardia --- he had to be put on a rice and ground lamb diet daily. So I had to cook rice and buy ground lamb and cook it twice a day for him.

So, here we are 6 years later, and Max now has to see a Vet Dermatologist every 3-6 Months, an Vet Opthamologist every 6-Months (and he wants to do Entropion Surgery on both of Max's Eyes). Max has already had Entropion surgery, and today Max is not a candidate for surgery because he is "Obese" at 85-lbs, and the Anesthesia would probably kill him.

Plus, in December he injured both of his ACL's. He could not have surgery because of the Anesthesia and because he is Obese.
We are desperately trying to get his weight down, but it just isn't happening. He is inactive, because he limps and can barely walk.
He is on Cosequin in the hopes it will help heal his joints in the knees. I have Pain medication for him and Anti-inflammatories for
him as well. He is a total care dog. From eyes to allergies to him having Hyperkeratosis on his nose and all paws. He is a full-time job for me. It's really exhausting. But I love him. He is the sweetest dog and I couldn't live without him.

So say a Prayer for me and Maximus please . . .

What are u feeding him?

Most Reactions

Members online