General Question bumps

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you post pictures? could be hives?

OP
M

mcgarvind

Feb 29, 2016
Northern Wyoming
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
I will try to get pictures tonight when I get home Real small, scabby bumps. We have no bugs here yet. Grass is just starting to get green. Snow on ground this morning.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will try to get pictures tonight when I get home Real small, scabby bumps. We have no bugs here yet. Grass is just starting to get green. Snow on ground this morning.

How old is Angus and is the fur missing?

OP
M

mcgarvind

Feb 29, 2016
Northern Wyoming
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
FullSizeRender.jpg

Angus is 9 months old. His fur is not missing. Could not see the bumps on him, so I picked a few of them off. Scabby, little, flakey, bumps. Not too concerned about them but would like to know what they are and how to prevent them. Thanks for your help!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
View attachment 97901

Angus is 9 months old. His fur is not missing. Could not see the bumps on him, so I picked a few of them off. Scabby, little, flakey, bumps. Not too concerned about them but would like to know what they are and how to prevent them. Thanks for your help!

From the looks of it this is staph. Allergen triggered, the patches are random and may be big or small. They are crusty little patches that fall out. The hair will grow back but something allergy related is causing it.

What does he eat? And do you give him any supplements?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He is fed Science Diet for puppies. No supplements.

I suggest you put him on a higher quality food, grain free, chicken free. It's very possible something in the food is triggering the staph. I'm on my phone now but I'll link you the food recommendations in the morning ;)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with Jessica. I would switch him to a higher quality food that is not chicken based, and is grain free. Many Bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken and grains. Science Diet is not the best quality of food, you are best to choose a 4 to 6 grain food such as Fromms, Wellness, Arcana, Orijen, Or Taste of the Wild. You can go to the Home page and look at the Dog Food Ratings for other choices.

Here is the Link:

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi, I agree with Jessica. I would switch him to a higher quality food that is not chicken based, and is grain free. Many Bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken and grains. Science Diet is not the best quality of food, you are best to choose a 4 to 6 grain food such as Fromms, Wellness, Arcana, Orijen, Or Taste of the Wild. You can go to the Home page and look at the Dog Food Ratings for other choices.

Here is the Link:

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

Thank you Monica for listing the link!! :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 97901

Agree with Jessica.... it is probably a staph infection which is cause by a weaken immune system,.... Science diet is crap food -- it serves a great short term purpose, but is not good for every day eating. Check the link that Monica posted for a good grain free food --- taste of the Wild, Fromm, Earthborn, Acana, Orijen.... great foods to help keep your baby healthy. Also, add a spoon of plain yogurt for probiotics

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.