SirHabernasch

Apr 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Habernasch
Hello hello Bulldog Community!

I am the proud momma of my 1 and a half year English Bulldog, Habernasch. He is quite a special little dude and the biggest lover (aren't they all?!).
A year ago Habernasch was diagnosed with kyphosis - a spinal condition where the shape of the vertebrae compresses the spine causes him slight paralysis to his rear legs. About two weeks ago he had a case of paralysis and spent over a week with the neurologist getting treatment as he was also in pain. It has been an on going battle of how to treat him.

Right now, they want to keep him on steroids for the rest of his life to help regain some walking abilities. I want him to walk more than anything, but the steroids impact him and his personality so much, his quality of life is decreasing. I am beginning to opt-in for the option of surgery to see if we can take care of this once and for all. Surgery is incredibly expensive, and I know you don't know me as a person, but asking for help is not what I do.

My friend, Jennifer, is helping to fund and to assist in little Hab's surgery and medical bills. I know we all have them, I just don't know what else to do for my little guy. If anyone has suggestions on these cases, I would love to hear more, or if you are able to or know of any way to support these situations financially, I would also be curious to hear more. I have currently maxed out my own credit cards, and his Care Credit accounts. I have a full time job/salary/etc in Colorado, but I am unable to support the cost of surgery.

He is so beloved.

Thanks in advance for any advice, loving thoughts, or anything for my baby.

Please PM user if you choose to help.

- IMG_2215.jpgIMG_2224.jpgHabernasch.jpgHabernasch's Momma

OP
S

SirHabernasch

Apr 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Habernasch
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread, and can't seem how to figure out how to delete or move it. Let me know if you have a quick explanation and I'll put it in a more appropriate location!

Thanks!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread, and can't seem how to figure out how to delete or move it. Let me know if you have a quick explanation and I'll put it in a more appropriate location!

Thanks!!

no worries..... I placed it in the 'health' section

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for all your boy is going through.... sending lots of healing prayers to you and Hab.

I apologize, but I have to remove the link to the go fund me page as we do not allow them on the forum. if anyone wants to help, they can contact you via private message and you can provide the link to them.... I wish you all the best.

also... here is a thread about where you can get some financial assistance, if you qualify.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...lth/22290-financial-assistance-vet-bills.html

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Me again :)

My girl had a bad spine as well, we used laser therapy to assist her... not sure if that will be of any help or if you are using it, but ask your vet about it.

OP
S

SirHabernasch

Apr 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Habernasch
Thanks, Christine. I actually have done laser therapy in the past. It has helped temporarily, but Im afraid I think he's developed a little too far for it. I've looked into some underwater rehabs as well.

OP
S

SirHabernasch

Apr 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Habernasch
Also, thank you for the information! I will absolutely look into this.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so sorry to hear about your baby, I will pray for you all to get through this!

I am wondering if any Joint supplements would help his rear legs? Nujoint plus has a money back guarantee so it may be worth a try to see if it helps!

Most Reactions