OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hey guys, yesterday afternoon when I came home from work Opie was not good. I came home to four puke piles and him in the middle of yacking another pile up. Each pile was basically white foam. He often times will throw up white foam if he had his food later than normal, which the vet told us was normal. However this is much different. I tried to get him to drink some water and he wasn't having that. I took him out for a little walk and to go potty, everything was normal there. He threw up three more times before bed and was not eating or interested in his treats at all, and only drank a little water. Through out the night he threw up twice and didn't do anything in the morning and even ate a little food and had his treats. We figured that he was doing much better. I just ran home from work to check on him and he had thrown up food and yellow bile. I was able to get him to take a couple small gulps of water. My husband and I are planning on taking him to the vet in the next hour after he is off work.
That we know of he hasn't ate anything out of the normal. However two days ago we did pick up a new bag of blue basics for him, same as we always feed him though.
Any ideas what this could be? Just a little bug? Bad food lot? Something worse? He has had a little tail infection the best two weeks, that couldn't contribute would it?

ETA: He was also having some cramping I'm guessing. He would stretch to the side a lot and he didn't want to lay down much last night. Overall last night he seemed himself, he would get perky when we took him outside and trot along. But today he seems more sluggish.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it could be bad food, cause I think Blue had a recall recently... I think..... or he has an obstruction.

Please keep us posted.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw had something similar last week.
Came home to throw up, and s few more episodes that night. Took away all good and water. In the am just gave him very small portions of rice every hour or so as long as he held it down. Slowly added pumpkin and then chicken.
He got that for 2 days. On the 2nd day I slowly started adding his kibble. I still don't know what made him sick- but he recoverd after about 2 days. Just chalked it up to an upset belly. He's been fine since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
We just got back from the vet. No instructions and all blood work looked good. Just a little dehydrated from puking. They gave us sulfate to inject in his mouth twice a day. We are going to give him some bland diet te next couple days. Hope the guy gets better. He has puled twice since coming home.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We just got back from the vet. No instructions and all blood work looked good. Just a little dehydrated from puking. They gave us sulfate to inject in his mouth twice a day. We are going to give him some bland diet te next couple days. Hope the guy gets better. He has puled twice since coming home.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry… I hope he feels better soon. Did they do an x-ray to rule out obstruction?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry to hear about Opie not feeling well. I wonder if he got a bug and hopefully, it will pass very soon; i know how worrisome this can be. Please keep us updated.

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Yes, they did an X-ray and saw nothing.
However we just took Opie down to the grass for a potty break. At first he had a normal poop than soft mucusy kind o bloody stool came out...low and behold a squeaker came with. Poor guy...but at least I think we found the cause. Definately going to keep an eye on him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope that was it and all has come out. Hoping he gets better tomorrow. We will be thinking of him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
However we just took Opie down to the grass for a potty break. At first he had a normal poop than soft mucusy kind o bloody stool came out...low and behold a squeaker came with. Poor guy...but at least I think we found the cause. Definately going to keep an eye on him.

Oh my!!! Sure hope that is it---- how is he this morning?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Sometimes nothing comes up on an x-ray [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] … I hope that he feels better soon!!!

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
He is a sleepy boy. Basically a lump on the bed. We were able to get him to drink a little and he actually ate a bit of food. We've been palpating his stomach making sure he doesn't have pain from it tearing his intestines. He seems to be good.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Opie! Was the squeaker just a part of the toy or the whole toy? Hope he'll be fine soon.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is a sleepy boy. Basically a lump on the bed. We were able to get him to drink a little and he actually ate a bit of food. We've been palpating his stomach making sure he doesn't have pain from it tearing his intestines. He seems to be good.

How is he doing?

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Opie is finally back to normal and acting like nothing happened!! It was just the squeeker, we aren't even sure which toy he got that out of.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.