Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Almost 11 yo has had on/off red ears.. It's just the skin, no discharge, and seems no discomfort. Almost like it's from hypertension. Seems her rope is red also. She's been on same food for couple years with no problems. Not sure if it's seasonal allergies or not.. She gets a Benedryl x1 a day.. Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well if she did 11 yrs (I presume your yo meant yrs so....) I wouldn't worry about it. Has she taken benadryl every day for 11yrs or just when she does this? Have you ever tried not to give her any see what happens? Just curious.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm that is weird… I clean my dogs ears w/witch hazel, but I've never noticed them getting red before. Have you talked to the vet about it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it all year long or certain time of year? Also, is it all day or just at certain time of day.... if you noticed?

OP
D

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
She's been on/off Benedryl, as needed, for probably 3 years or so. We're in Cleveland, OH, was very mild winter, and trees are blooming, so seems the benedryl helps with itchiness and such. The red ears come and go, so don't think it's the benedryl. No other variables as far as food or medicines that would trigger the red ears. I don't think the vet will help much unless I take her during a flareup, which would be difficult to time. Just thought maybe someone else had similar experience.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's been on/off Benedryl, as needed, for probably 3 years or so. We're in Cleveland, OH, was very mild winter, and trees are blooming, so seems the benedryl helps with itchiness and such. The red ears come and go, so don't think it's the benedryl. No other variables as far as food or medicines that would trigger the red ears. I don't think the vet will help much unless I take her during a flareup, which would be difficult to time. Just thought maybe someone else had similar experience.

try to keep a log of when it happen... date / time se if you can find a common denominator

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.