So Daisy has a pretty bad ear infection.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
The doc said that I should come back in two weeks to have her checked out again. He gave me a ear rinse and some drops. Also a oral medication too. Something about yeast and bacterial. And the strain of bacteria is hard to get rid of. Its been about two weeks and she still has a little bit of wax. So I guess I will be taking her back.

Do they normally take 2 weeks to treat??

Also, her ear is still red. Obviously I havent dealt with ear infections before.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it could all be from allergies, ask your vet about Claro. We just had to do it for Lambeau and the med last for 4-5 weeks. Ear infection can be from a number of things, but this time of year, I'd put my money on environmental allergies

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Feel better soon, Daisy [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION]

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks guys! Her poor little ear is still all red. It doesnt seem to bother her too much though..

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I hear ya. Right now my Pug is suffering horribly with an ear infection - her ear is beet red and full of wax - so I will have to try and
get her in today to the Vet, she needs Antibiotic ear drops. This dog has a constant problem with her (L) ear and I don't know why
or what is causing it.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I hear ya. Right now my Pug is suffering horribly with an ear infection - her ear is beet red and full of wax - so I will have to try and
get her in today to the Vet, she needs Antibiotic ear drops. This dog has a constant problem with her (L) ear and I don't know why
or what is causing it.

Oh thats horrible. Hopefully they can figure out what is going on.. .Maybe try that Claro that [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] was talking about!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It is the season for ear infections. Seasonal alleriges are very high right now and it seems an ear infection is the result. Brutus has been fighting an infection for about two weeks now. I just started a thread about Claro....

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Oh no, poor baby :( I hope sweet little Daisy will feel better very soon :flower:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
@Sheena [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
After she is healed, you may wish to use Ears So Right to clean the ears weekly or so. It smells like cloves. :) My vet has me use ear infection medicine as a precaution/preventative, treating ears just once every time I bathe. You may wish to ask your vet about this. :)

Most Reactions