Can't Take It Anymore

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well I can't take my little boy's breathing, coughing, gagging, spitting up, and what sounds like gasping for air when he sleeps anymore. Yesterday during Jewels visit to the vet, I asked and were given a consult to see the vet that did Jewel's surgery almost 2 years ago now to have Bentley's elongated palate evaluated. Jewel has been doing great after she had the surgery and so very glad we had it done when she had her knee surgery (TPLO). Bentley is an extreme ball junkie and can run his Varsity Ball all over our back yard. With the surgery, he should do much better.

So, we will see what Dr. P says in Annapolis, MD.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck.... keep us posted! hate that it needs to be done, but as you know he will be better for it. :hug:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thanx! Jewel is breathing pretty good now that she has had the surgery and I am glad we had done when we did. Bentley being a "ball junkie" needs to be able to run unimpeded by anything. I will have to take some video of Bentley's ball skill. I still owe you a pic of his neck for the freckles.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It made a HUGE difference for Walter so I'm sure that when Willow has her spay I'm going to tell her to check her palate and nares and go ahead w/that as well. I hope things go well for Bentley...

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Bentley :( please keep us posted and would love to see a video of him in action with the varsity ball!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It made a HUGE difference for Walter so I'm sure that when Willow has her spay I'm going to tell her to check her palate and nares and go ahead w/that as well. I hope things go well for Bentley...

As mentioned, did wonders for Jewel. My extreme OCD Bentley Boy will not know how to act. I sure he will continue to bark at his own shadow. But, he will be able to run a little better though chasing whatever is thrown. He is part retriever if you didn't know.

On another note, Walter interviewed Bentley for his boo, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy!" and I think Walter implanted some bad ideas in Bentley's melon because he is exhibiting similar behavior that you mentioned in another post. One highlight of the interview was a discussion in watering oparendi. Bentley shared his stealth approaches to take a sprinkler by surprise. Walter countered with his dealings with a stationary underground watering system when played with seemed to get a quick stern response from his mother. He further told Bentley that when his mom said "Stop it!" the inflection of 'it" his mom would move her head to the side and he thought darts were going to come from her neck and knock him out so he would dash in another direction for safety. :yes: :w00t:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Roger, sorry to hear that Bentley's having some health issues but it sounds like something quite treatable. Isn't that varsity ball like the best exercise tool for our bulldogs? heck, I should run around and chase that thing myself!:rundog:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roger, sorry to hear that Bentley's having some health issues but it sounds like something quite treatable. Isn't that varsity ball like the best exercise tool for our bulldogs? heck, I should run around and chase that thing myself!:rundog:
Yes I should too! Heck I looked at a piece of pie and gained 10 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

spectacularone

Apr 9, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winni, Hank, Otis
My 5 month old just had elongated palate surgery a week ago. So far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.