question about K9 Advantix II

raining bulldogs

Apr 12, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
L and S
Hi, I have 2 eight month old bulldogs (sisters) and we're getting to that time of year where we're starting to worry about fleas. I bought K9 Advantix, but now I'm confused about how to apply it without either dog accidentally ingesting trace amounts afterward.

The problem is the girls like to wrestle and chew on each other in the process. So how long would they need to be separated after I applied it? And how long do I need to refrain from petting them and keep them from rolling on their backs? I didn't see any mention of how long it takes to dry on the package so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I use frontline plus. Mine are 10 months. I usually put it in right before they go down for the night. Mine are crated at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't use it, but that;s a good idea, put it on them when they are going to bed. Be careful though, as some of these products can cause serious skin issue. WE don't use them. We use Sentinel for heart worms, and that works for fleas as well.

OP
R

raining bulldogs

Apr 12, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
L and S
Thank you both for responding. Unfortunately my girls sleep together at night so I guess I need to look into a non-topical means of preventing fleas.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We don't use it, but that;s a good idea, put it on them when they are going to bed. Be careful though, as some of these products can cause serious skin issue. WE don't use them. We use Sentinel for heart worms, and that works for fleas as well.

That's what I do… the Sentinel really seems to keep the fleas off, and honestly the smell of those topicals bother my allergies. I will get an immediate headache when I put it on the dogs.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I use the K9 Advantix for mine. I usually put it on before he goes down for the night.

I use the topical because I live in an area with ticks, but I hate how flaky it is after applying. I only use the topical in the warmer months though.

Do you crate during the day? I would think after 2-4 hours it would be dry. So you could try separating for that long.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Vectra 3D and usually place it on them when I go to work on non-pet sitter days as they are in crates for about 8 hours. They sleep with us at night so over night is not an option.... just before crate time works well as it is dry before I let them back out when I get home from work

kathyp12

Apr 14, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo
mostly it dries without 24~48 hrs. Some good ones within 12 hrs. That's why I use nexgard because it's an oral treatment and as effective as any other treatments. You can get it from amazon or petbucket for a cheaper price. good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.