TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So update, I brought him in today thinking I had to leave him because the vet said he had to sedate him to give a thorough exam due to the fact Brutus likes to bite him! Well, guess who was an angel??? You guessed it, the vet checked all his teeth, ears, cultured his one infected ear, looked down his throat, and clipped his nails without incident!!!! Turns out Brutus has tonsillitis, his tonsils are extremely inflamed. He is on antibiotic and new drops for his ears. Everything else checked out perfect!

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!! I feel so relieved, and happy. Be sure to give that boy the biggest hug from me! The meds should make him feel better in just a few days, anddddd I think he deserves extra treats for being such an angel!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So update, I brought him in today thinking I had to leave him because the vet said he had to sedate him to give a thorough exam due to the fact Brutus likes to bite him! Well, guess who was an angel??? You guessed it, the vet checked all his teeth, ears, cultured his one infected ear, looked down his throat, and clipped his nails without incident!!!! Turns out Brutus has tonsillitis, his tonsils are extremely inflamed. He is on antibiotic and new drops for his ears. Everything else checked out perfect!

WOW.... I would have NEVER thought of his tonsils being an issue!! So hope this gets him back on the healthy road

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He is the ultimate brat Jessica! I purposely have the vet come to the house for less stress on him and the little booger behaves better at the hospital!! Ugh

- - - Updated - - -

WOW.... I would have NEVER thought of his tonsils being an issue!! So hope this gets him back on the healthy road
Me too, thanks

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He is the ultimate brat Jessica! I purposely have the vet come to the house for less stress on him and the little booger behaves better at the hospital!! Ugh

- - - Updated - - -

Me too, thanks

I was TOTALLY going to ask the other day if dogs could get strep or sore throats, then I felt dumb bc I didn't know. LOL

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so very HAPPY that you found the answer to [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] problem. Now he will be on the mend and be back in no time! So happy for both of you!!!!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus says thanks for all the love, you guys are great! image.jpeg

frankie says he's just gonna chill! Lol image.jpeg

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was TOTALLY going to ask the other day if dogs could get strep or sore throats, then I felt dumb bc I didn't know. LOL
If I've learned one thing with Bulldogs, it is, no question is stupid!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh i'm so very happy hes going to be alright. And that you found out what's wrong. Imagine that, infected tonsils. Never would have imagined. Tight hugs for you handsome boy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Had prayed for Brutus again this morning, my heart sad for the pain of not knowing
his trouble, laying heavy on you. Prayed that his issue be found & fixable.

God answers prayer...Amen!...Sending happy hugs & kisses to y'all :)

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Great you found out what causes the problems :2thumbs:
I hope Brutus feels better soon!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Phew, I let out a sigh of relief in hearing this news about Brutus! So happy we know what's wrong and this is highly treatable. Get well soon, big guy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.