Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have kept close watch on this thread & dismayed by this news ;(

Sending prayers over Brutus & his Vets for answers and fixes!

Love y'all so much <3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I am praying for your baby Brutus!! I was so sorry to be reading that he took a turn this morning. Thinking of you! Get Better Brutus!!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OH Rosalie, I'm so sorry to hear this! I am praying praying praying that its nothing serious. Poor Brutus... please keep us updated.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh no, I'm just reading this now...I'm sorry to hear this about Brutus. I'm right this moment sending out prayers and lots of love to Brutus, wishing him to get better and show some signs of improvement. I know you must be worried sick, Rosalie. We're all pulling for Brutus! :pray::hug:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@bruts77 So late reading this. Just wanna send you hugs and good thoughts. Crossing fingers and paws that they soon find out whats really going on so Brutus can begin to recover. Tight hugs.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
prayers and good thoughts, i hope it is not too serious. Have they checked to see if his ears are bad really deep. When you swallow your ears are actually involved, and a bad ear infection can make eating almost impossible (in people, probably the same in dogs).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is ok. Not confused anymore, but still not right. Something is just off about him. I really can't figure it out.

By any chance did you recently do flea/tick meds? After 5 years of never having an issue with Cheli, this time, he was sick for 3 days... would not eat, when he did he threw up, and he kept shaking his head... when I thought back, I realized the tube for him broke and I used a whole tube instead of half, which is what I have always done with him... so, with the tube breaking and all the med going on him, it was too much for his little body. he is fine now, but it took about 4 days for him to go back to normal

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
By any chance did you recently do flea/tick meds? After 5 years of never having an issue with Cheli, this time, he was sick for 3 days... would not eat, when he did he threw up, and he kept shaking his head... when I thought back, I realized the tube for him broke and I used a whole tube instead of half, which is what I have always done with him... so, with the tube breaking and all the med going on him, it was too much for his little body. he is fine now, but it took about 4 days for him to go back to normal
I don't use flea and tick meds for them. I use Sentinel which has a preventative in it for that. We don't have flea or tick problems by me and brutus never goes anywhere where it would be a problem. He has not had his monthly dose of Sentinel yet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't use flea and tick meds for them. I use Sentinel which has a preventative in it for that. We don't have flea or tick problems by me and brutus never goes anywhere where it would be a problem. He has not had his monthly dose of Sentinel yet.

Good.... was just a thought. We have a tick issue.... I have found one in the house and two on me already.... I HATE the effers :angry:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good.... was just a thought. We have a tick issue.... I have found one in the house and two on me already.... I HATE the effers :angry:
They really are gross little things! At this point I will take any and all suggestions! Thanks :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts your way....:hug:

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hope Brutus is feeling a little better today, fingers crossed for him.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So update, I brought him in today thinking I had to leave him because the vet said he had to sedate him to give a thorough exam due to the fact Brutus likes to bite him! Well, guess who was an angel??? You guessed it, the vet checked all his teeth, ears, cultured his one infected ear, looked down his throat, and clipped his nails without incident!!!! Turns out Brutus has tonsillitis, his tonsils are extremely inflamed. He is on antibiotic and new drops for his ears. Everything else checked out perfect!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.