brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My poor baby has a raging ear infection, allergy induced I'm sure as it high allergy season for him. It came out of left field with none of the usual symptoms. Sunday I was literally on the verge of rushing him to the ER Vet. He started shaking his head late Saturday night so I started his antibiotic drops I always have on hand but by Sunday morning he was vomiting and walking around with a crooked head. He started drooling and panting around dinner time and of course I panicked. I gave him an aspirin and waited a bit and he seemed to calm down a bit. The vet came today and gave him a shot for pain and loaded both ears with Claro, a new antibiotic that lasts a month at a time. He didn't really want to eat dinner. It looked like he was having trouble chewing but the vet explained all the nerves and muscles in the neck and face are effected with a bad ear infection. So tonight the baby is resting with his mommy and hopefully by tomorrow he will feel better. He isn't even playing with his Bally :fie:. Christine, [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], didn't Lambeau just get a dose of Claro? How is it working for him? Here is my sick little boy....
image.jpeg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
yes I believe Christine used that same ear med.

Hope Brutus is back to his old self in no time. Good luck to you. If you were close by I would have bought you a nice drink, a very big one. Dealing with a sick family member is always an awful one.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My poor baby has a raging ear infection, allergy induced I'm sure as it high allergy season for him. It came out of left field with none of the usual symptoms. Sunday I was literally on the verge of rushing him to the ER Vet. He started shaking his head late Saturday night so I started his antibiotic drops I always have on hand but by Sunday morning he was vomiting and walking around with a crooked head. He started drooling and panting around dinner time and of course I panicked. I gave him an aspirin and waited a bit and he seemed to calm down a bit. The vet came today and gave him a shot for pain and loaded both ears with Claro, a new antibiotic that lasts a month at a time. He didn't really want to eat dinner. It looked like he was having trouble chewing but the vet explained all the nerves and muscles in the neck and face are effected with a bad ear infection. So tonight the baby is resting with his mommy and hopefully by tomorrow he will feel better. He isn't even playing with his Bally :fie:. Christine, [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], didn't Lambeau just get a dose of Claro? How is it working for him? Here is my sick little boy....
View attachment 97372

Awwwa, you just wanna hug him till he gets better. Claro seems to have great results from what I've read in here and online. :2thumbs:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Rosalie I'm so sorry to hear Brutus isn't feeling well :( I hope the Claro kicks in soon and I'm sure you're doing everything you can to make him as comfy as possible. Hugs and healing thoughts from Murray and I

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh no, Rosalie! Poor Brutus :*( Hoping this sweetie will indeed feel better very soon! Christine did have the Claro administered to Lambeau and I know he's been doing well with it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
From posts it seems that Claro works wonders, hopefully he will feel better tomorrow!! Hugs [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying Brutus makes a full recovery and his Precious Ears get well. Love and Kisses to Brutus.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm pretty sure it was Claro… you know I had Bella ears packed every 6 mos and it REALLY made a difference. I'm SO sorry about Brutus, I hope that he feels better soon Rosalie :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] .... Yes, Claro. It is a full month and his ears are still clear, just some wax. Make sure you do NOTHING fir 3 weeks... No cleaning, no drops... I was struggling with that as i 'knew' they needed cleaning because it is a daily chore with Lambeau due to his allergies

Big hugs and kisses to Bru... Hope he is doing better this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I am so sorry to hear this Odin gets bad Ear Infections also very painful , I hope Brutus feels better very soon Rosalie, keep us up-to-date please . hope his Night was quiet

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Last night he slept well, he is still very slow moving. I hopehe has a better appetite this morning, last night he did not eat his dinner. I hate having to be at work and not being able to be with him :(

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Last night he slept well, he is still very slow moving. I hopehe has a better appetite this morning, last night he did not eat his dinner. I hate having to be at work and not being able to be with him :(

When My guys are off there food I scramble up 3 eggs very easy to chew they love em and digest easy full of protein , was thinking of Brutus,s chewing motion and the possible pain still there

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Poor Brutus, sweet boy probably just doesn't feel well from his ears. Usually will take a day or so for him to come around. I hope he starts getting better by today. Hugs.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Brutus. Carlie had ear troubles,and then the Vet used the Claro,with a wax plug, and she never had an ear infection again,which was amazing. I know you are worrying,while at work, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] but I'll be he sleeps all day. He will be feeling better very soon,poor guy, and so will you, Mama! Hugs and kisses for both of you.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.