Help Needed! Recurring UTI

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Hi everyone, our puppy, Pippen is now almost 8 months and has had a few UTIs...She has been on antibiotics a few times and after the last time in February, we had a urine culture done and came back clear and she was great for about a month, no accidents at all. Then last week she had a couple accidents in her crate at night and had started "leaking" urine anytime she was sleeping - her bottom and back leg would be wet after she woke up. So I took her back to the vet and they did another culture and she does have another infection so we are about to start another round of antibiotics.

So I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what we can do to help prevent her from getting anymore? We try to wipe her after she goes to the bathroom but it's hard to do every single time. The vet said to give her more water and let her out more often to help flush everything out and said he hasn't seen cranberry supplements, etc to really be effective. Is there anything else we can do??

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
puti001_2.jpg
This is a homeopathic med. that is supposed to help ward off UTI's.
I have never had to use it-it is just a suggestion.You may want to check it out. [MENTION=8518]sunkissedpr1ncs[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it possible she has too much skin in her girlie area? banks had that issue and at around 15 months (I think) we had to do a vulvaplasty to eliminate all the extra skin. she had constant UTI, as soon as she came off the antibiotic she would get another one.... we did the wiping, cranberry, etc, etc.... and out vet then said, it was time to trim the area --- after that, she never got another UTI

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Is it possible she has too much skin in her girlie area? banks had that issue and at around 15 months (I think) we had to do a vulvaplasty to eliminate all the extra skin. she had constant UTI, as soon as she came off the antibiotic she would get another one.... we did the wiping, cranberry, etc, etc.... and out vet then said, it was time to trim the area --- after that, she never got another UTI

No, the vet said that area looks great, no extra skin or anything and it's nice and clean. The only thing I can think of is that she squats pretty low to the ground when she goes pee but what the heck am I supposed to do about that?? Haha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, the vet said that area looks great, no extra skin or anything and it's nice and clean. The only thing I can think of is that she squats pretty low to the ground when she goes pee but what the heck am I supposed to do about that?? Haha

Low rider, huh?! Nothing you can do, that I can think of..... I used a cranberry supplement for a while, it might be worth a try?

Amazon.com: Cranimals Original Organic Supplement for Dogs & Cats, 120g: Sports & Outdoors

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online