Thread: Beefs recovery

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beef (aka "the beast")
    Likes (Received)

Default Beefs recovery

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since Beefs emergency, and he's doing WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and although we went through a lot, I don't regret doing this surgery. His quality of life is already so much better. His snoring has PROFOUNDLY decreased...he really only snores now when he sleeps! Not when he's just standing there doing nothing like he used to! He can breathe so much better, he seems so much more comfortable and he doesn't gag anymore!!! He also doesn't vomit white phlegmy food bits anymore! I've also noticed that when he gets excited he can calm down a lot quicker. We went for a follow up vet visit a few days ago and his repeat chest X-ray shows the pneumonia has resolved. He's officially off all medications and back to being a healthy happy dog with no cares or worries! We still are wetting his food and not using a collar, and we still haven't taken him for a walk because they said no strenuous activity for a few weeks. When did you guys resume all that stuff with your babies?

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Beefs recovery

We still have pneumonia (since Fab 7th). But, we let Frith decide mostly. If she wants to walk a bit in the sun, we walk. And mostly she ets carried back. There is a lot of stopping and smelling flowers or just watching things. We do more thinking play, hide the toy and stuff than physical play. It's been a rough two months for a puppy.
    Fritthy

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I am THRILLED with your wonderful update!

Such a fighter...Wow!...so deserving to be healthy, happy & live long
    with you. Huge hugs & kisses for all, thank you for update

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

So glad that Beef is doing well! You all had quite a scare, and been through alot-yay Beef! Happy that you are tough and determined!!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Dfestaiuti Well done, Beef - great news! So happy to hear things are moving in the right direction and that Beef is doing well!

Regarding activities, I now checked a pic we took on Castor's first outing to the forest after his op, and it was actually taken four days after his surgery ...seems very early but we just drove out into the forest and let him sniff around for a while so no long walk. I think I've posted that pic before but here it is again - showing how Castor's surgery transformed him into a pointer dog! We did take him on walks in town straight away (as he needed to get out, of course) but we didn't let him play with other dogs for a while.
    -castor-autumn-jpg

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs, Corine Pesantes liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Greta update.... so happy he is doing well and recovering quickly.

With our boy, we waited about 4 or 5 weeks, i think, before letting him do anything to strenuous
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    @Dfestaiuti Well done, Beef - great news! So happy to hear things are moving in the right direction and that Beef is doing well!

Regarding activities, I now checked a pic we took on Castor's first outing to the forest after his op, and it was actually taken four days after his surgery ...seems very early but we just drove out into the forest and let him sniff around for a while so no long walk. I think I've posted that pic before but here it is again - showing how Castor's surgery transformed him into a pointer dog! We did take him on walks in town straight away (as he needed to get out, of course) but we didn't let him play with other dogs for a while.
    -castor-autumn-jpg
    Love this pic

9. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm SO glad to hear this, I think that the pallet surgery can really make a difference for this breed. Keep us posted on his recovery!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Remove Ads