Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since Beefs emergency, and he's doing WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and although we went through a lot, I don't regret doing this surgery. His quality of life is already so much better. His snoring has PROFOUNDLY decreased...he really only snores now when he sleeps! Not when he's just standing there doing nothing like he used to! He can breathe so much better, he seems so much more comfortable and he doesn't gag anymore!!! He also doesn't vomit white phlegmy food bits anymore! I've also noticed that when he gets excited he can calm down a lot quicker. We went for a follow up vet visit a few days ago and his repeat chest X-ray shows the pneumonia has resolved. He's officially off all medications and back to being a healthy happy dog with no cares or worries! We still are wetting his food and not using a collar, and we still haven't taken him for a walk because they said no strenuous activity for a few weeks. When did you guys resume all that stuff with your babies?

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
We still have pneumonia (since Fab 7th). But, we let Frith decide mostly. If she wants to walk a bit in the sun, we walk. And mostly she ets carried back. There is a lot of stopping and smelling flowers or just watching things. We do more thinking play, hide the toy and stuff than physical play. It's been a rough two months for a puppy.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am THRILLED with your wonderful update!

Such a fighter...Wow!...so deserving to be healthy, happy & live long
with you. Huge hugs & kisses for all, thank you for update :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:2thumbs:So glad that Beef is doing well! You all had quite a scare, and been through alot-yay Beef! Happy that you are tough and determined!!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15146]Dfestaiuti[/MENTION] Well done, Beef - great news! So happy to hear things are moving in the right direction and that Beef is doing well!

Regarding activities, I now checked a pic we took on Castor's first outing to the forest after his op, and it was actually taken four days after his surgery ...seems very early but we just drove out into the forest and let him sniff around for a while so no long walk. I think I've posted that pic before but here it is again - showing how Castor's surgery transformed him into a pointer dog! We did take him on walks in town straight away (as he needed to get out, of course) but we didn't let him play with other dogs for a while.
castor-autumn.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Greta update.... so happy he is doing well and recovering quickly.

With our boy, we waited about 4 or 5 weeks, i think, before letting him do anything to strenuous

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
[MENTION=15146]Dfestaiuti[/MENTION] Well done, Beef - great news! So happy to hear things are moving in the right direction and that Beef is doing well!

Regarding activities, I now checked a pic we took on Castor's first outing to the forest after his op, and it was actually taken four days after his surgery ...seems very early but we just drove out into the forest and let him sniff around for a while so no long walk. I think I've posted that pic before but here it is again - showing how Castor's surgery transformed him into a pointer dog! We did take him on walks in town straight away (as he needed to get out, of course) but we didn't let him play with other dogs for a while.
View attachment 97333

Love this pic

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO glad to hear this, I think that the pallet surgery can really make a difference for this breed. Keep us posted on his recovery!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.