tomolson24

tomolson24

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernice
Re: "Clicking Hips" and Diahrrhea

Thanks so much for the input! I hope Joey stays healthy!!! Thanks for the props on the name ;) I appreciate the info!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Chitownbully! I really appreciate your input!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
It could just be her age and she's not fully grown into them yet. But unfortunately with bulldogs its a very common occurrence. The supplements will help tremendously, as they go in and strengthen the joints, and help with inflammation. My Tyson is 10 yrs old, and started to have arthritis issues at the age of 8, but I've seen it in much younger bullies. Its not a horrible thing per say, you just have to treat it, and stay on top of the supplements, vitamins etc that help it. And as hard as this may sound, especially for a pup her age, try to not let her jump too high or off of high things. If she gets on the couch or beds, consider purchasing some stairs, and train her to use them.... it will help so much in the long run for her joints. Another member here, Matt @Enjoimangos baby Boris has severe hip displasia but Boris is doing wonderful, and he has learned to adjust. Perhaps he can chime in with some advice too, but I wouldn't' be too concerned yet until she's fully grown :)
:)

I had a very similar situation where I felt my boys hips clicking when he walked at 5 months. We had them do the Xrays when we had him neutered at 8 months and unfortunately he indeed had HD and would probably have a rough go at life. He's going on 2 years old and is doing very well. The best recommendations I can make is to ensure she gets a hip supplement (we use Nuvet plus) and that she keeps a healthy weight to keep from adding extra pressure to her joints. If you do end up finding out she has HD you will want to watch her like a hawk and learn her limits. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask, Welcome to EBN!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.