Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default QUESTION

As some knows I took Nyala's pee for analyze cause she was peeing often. Yes I said WAS This was Thursday and I never saw the vet as he was in surgery and just came out to test the urine sample gave it to miss bootcamp. The boot camp warden secretary came out after 10 mins with the test tube to show me the crystals at the bottom of the tube. Today I took another first morning pee sample and its clear as a whistle Ive been cooking her meals for now till I do more research on raw n home cooking for her. She's been eating turkey n veggies about one packed cup 2x per day. But I am wondering within couple days all her crystals disappeared just like that? Or was miss pushy warden that was trying to sell me her RC hillside for urine issue like no tomorrow till I told her in a polite manner which she didn't deserve a big NO my dog will never be on RC as she's grain free and will stay as so. That shut her up. I never had issues with urine with any of my dogs. I know humans it doesn't take 3 days clear up. So im wondering, was I taken for a ride to buy her RC crap or yes it does clear up that fast? Cheers

Sorry really dont like that secretary Miss know it all. She should know RC aint that good. I even made her read the ingredients and first thing came out of her mouth was corn.

2. Likes 2BullyMama, RalphieBoy liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: QUESTION

I am not sure if they would clear up that quick..... going to tag a few members that might know

Remeber, the office does get a kick back on the food they sell, so it is possible, but I would hope the staff would not lie about results to get a sale of a bag of food
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Crystals form in too acidic or too alcaline urine. If there is a balance there will be no more new crystals, but the ones formed will be flush out with the urine. It is very important to know what type of crystals they were, in order to avoid the inbalance in which they formed in the first place. hyperuricosuria unfortunately is common in buldogs, it's a genetic predisposition to form urate stones (form in acidic urine). The most common crystals are struvite(form in alkaline urine), which is very easy to cure and handle with diet. If you treat the wrong type of crystals you can be throwing fuel to the other type.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Crystals form in too acidic or too alcaline urine. If there is a balance there will be no more new crystals, but the ones formed will be flush out with the urine. It is very important to know what type of crystals they were, in order to avoid the inbalance in which they formed in the first place. hyperuricosuria unfortunately is common in buldogs, it's a genetic predisposition to form urate stones (form in acidic urine). The most common crystals are struvite(form in alkaline urine), which is very easy to cure and handle with diet. If you treat the wrong type of crystals you can be throwing fuel to the other type.
    I will call tomorrow ask what kind of crystals they were. Thanks for explaining it so well. Hope it's not a sales pitch cause they dont want to see a pissed off Italian woman! Lol but she did say Nyala has to change her diet. I will call no matter what. Cheers Dear

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs, RalphieBoy liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @RiiSi for your excellent advice!
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    So I called and according to the file it's Struvite. Made her repeat and doubled checked cause she did say the first time I was there can be genetics now she says no. Can I mix homemade with a low protein kibble? I really dont want her on RC. Unless there is another kibble out there thats grain free for her to change to.

10. Likes Texas Carol, RalphieBoy liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

BEWARE OF MISDIAGNOSIS

While diagnosis of urinary stones and crystals is usually relatively simple, I must caution you about one frequent error. *If your dog’s urine sample is concentrated and it sits in the collection jar under cool temperatures, crystals may form after the collection the same way salty water forms crystals in the chemistry lab.* This results in relatively common misdiagnosis.If you suspect that this is the case, just collect another sample and have it* examined right away at the in-house clinic lab.* It is a good idea to* give your dog some water before collection to make the urine more dilute to prevent post collection crystal formation.

I DID PUT NYALA'S PEE IN THE FRIGDE BEFORE GOING TO THE VET!!! ????

Bladder and kidney stones and urine crystals in dogs – natural approach

12. Likes 2BullyMama, Frith, RalphieBoy liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    BEWARE OF MISDIAGNOSIS

While diagnosis of urinary stones and crystals is usually relatively simple, I must caution you about one frequent error. *If your dogs urine sample is concentrated and it sits in the collection jar under cool temperatures, crystals may form after the collection the same way salty water forms crystals in the chemistry lab.* This results in relatively common misdiagnosis.If you suspect that this is the case, just collect another sample and have it* examined right away at the in-house clinic lab.* It is a good idea to* give your dog some water before collection to make the urine more dilute to prevent post collection crystal formation.

I DID PUT NYALA'S PEE IN THE FRIGDE BEFORE GOING TO THE VET!!! ????

Bladder and kidney stones and urine crystals in dogs – natural approach
    Which time? The first time or the second?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

First time

15. Likes RalphieBoy liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Well idk. This is what is all odd. A week ago Monday, Nyala gets spayed n cherry eye surgery along with 2 shots rabis n kennel cough. She hasn't eaten much for 2 days which is normal after any surgery. That 2nd day I noticed she pees often but not a lot for 15x in one day. Go to the vet on Thursday with urine sample which I did leave in the fridge while I was getting ready. Ends up test had crystals bottom of test tube. Bootcamp secretary says its struvie not genetic. I called 2x make sure. Wanted to sell me RC and I declined. Put Nyala on homemade cooked food immediately. After 2 days on home cooking 3rd day I take sample and left it on the counter for 20ish mins and clear as a whistle. She pees normal too. Now wouldn't it be normal after being spayed dogs can have crystal in pee? Or when you put urine in frigde it will show crystallization? Shouldn't the vet have done xray? And I spoke to that vet onky once on the phone. Never seen him before or after surgery, each time I call its his warden that answers me like she knows everything so you dont disturb the vet cause he's always in surgery, busy, gone etc etc. He's like a ghost lol. Before all of thus 3 weeks before her surgery she was on antibiotics for a cold. It wasn't him that saw nyala but another vet which I wasn't even told. First surgery was canceled cause of her cold and if I didn't ask the 2nd schedule was again someone else. I told miss warden that I wanted that specific vet to do Nyala surgery so go pushed to the 28th. Wheew. She even made the remark "anyvet can do the spaying". I dont know if I want then to talk care of Nyala anymore. I just dont feel right about the place. Hes well known with bullies but service sucks. Tomorrow morning I will do another urine sample. See what that gives.

17. Likes RalphieBoy liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=bullmama;653989]Which time? The first time or the second?

Sent from my iPhone using

Help..... her 3rd test of this morning is all cloudy. Completely cloudy! When I found out she had crystals I put her on homemade cooking immediately as I mentioned. 3 days later 2nd test all clear. Why it cleared that fast idk. So i did a test after being 3 days on home cooking. I mixed her orijen with her HC meals and now today all cloudy. So yes orijen will be out for sure and see in 3 days what another urine test will give me. But why cloudy? Don't see crystals or is cloudy also means its crystals? She pees normal amounts and not 15x like she did.

19. Likes RalphieBoy liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Don't be too alarmed, cloudy could mean a number of things, could be do to eating all the carbs in the rice or not drinking enough fluids. I think infectious pee smells very potent. Metal (blood) or puss has a very nasty smell. The only true way of knowing of course is to have her tested again in about a week. If you are going to continue to home cook I would suggest putting her on Nuvet plus to make sure she is getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs, plus it's been very good with dogs who have urinary tract problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

21. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads