Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Don't be too alarmed, cloudy could mean a number of things, could be do to eating all the carbs in the rice or not drinking enough fluids. I think infectious pee smells very potent. Metal (blood) or puss has a very nasty smell. The only true way of knowing of course is to have her tested again in about a week. If you are going to continue to home cook I would suggest putting her on Nuvet plus to make sure she is getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs, plus it's been very good with dogs who have urinary tract problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She is grain free. Doesn't eat carbs. She now takes cranberry extract n salmon oil. Her pee didn't smell at all n no blood anywhere.

2. Likes bullmama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

4. Likes bullmama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default QUESTION

UPDATE........

So, had a very long chat with a breeder here in AB Kirsten She's also a friend of the breeder where Nyala is from. According to Kirsten when I brought in the first urine test and vet office said to put Nyala on RC cause she needs to change her diet asap, well she thinks the crystals were caused when I put the urine sample in the fridge that early morning while I was getting prepared before going to the vet. Fridge, cold, crystals will form. Then I put Nyala on Home Cooking and 3 days later urine test all cleared. Did a test put Nyala back on kibbles urine test like orange juice thick. Back on H C and urine back to normal. So after all this "tralala" Nyala will stay on home cooking for good. Cook for an extra person ok dog is no biggy. Kirsten also mentionednot to worry about crystals as they are not as dangerous as we think cause we all have them inside us. Basically for home cooking dogs dont need all sorts of vitamins. She said so long you dont give them onion, fat/skin from a cook meat, no problem. We can add turmic, sardines, ginger, organs, liver, cod liver oil or salomon and no need for vitamin if all is fresh meals. Dogs will drink less water cause HC has already moisture.

She is fine, moving and jumping, cone is gone, cherry eye healed so she's a happy puppy. Why change what is not broken!

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    UPDATE........

So, had a very long chat with a breeder here in AB Kirsten She's also a friend of the breeder where Nyala is from. According to Kirsten when I brought in the first urine test and vet office said to put Nyala on RC cause she needs to change her diet asap, well she thinks the crystals were caused when I put the urine sample in the fridge that early morning while I was getting prepared before going to the vet. Fridge, cold, crystals will form. Then I put Nyala on Home Cooking and 3 days later urine test all cleared. Did a test put Nyala back on kibbles urine test like orange juice thick. Back on H C and urine back to normal. So after all this "tralala" Nyala will stay on home cooking for good. Cook for an extra person ok dog is no biggy. Kirsten also mentionednot to worry about crystals as they are not as dangerous as we think cause we all have them inside us. Basically for home cooking dogs dont need all sorts of vitamins. She said so long you dont give them onion, fat/skin from a cook meat, no problem. We can add turmic, sardines, ginger, organs, liver, cod liver oil or salomon and no need for vitamin if all is fresh meals. Dogs will drink less water cause HC has already moisture.

She is fine, moving and jumping, cone is gone, cherry eye healed so she's a happy puppy. Why change what is not broken!
    Good idea on the home cooking.... Thanks fir the update
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads