Keeping Up On Your Bulldogs Health

eric1111

Feb 28, 2011
Today I will be putting down a deposit for my first Bulldog. Getting her from a breeder I found from BCA Website. Now I know that they have some health problems you can see from my other post. Anyways I know its very important to keep up on the dogs health, food, cleaning its butt and face, etc. Is there anything else I should be doing on a daily basis or once a week to help from getting any problems. I have a few months before I get the pup. So I have alot of research to do. Thanks.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think if you research and start to intoduce her to a really good food (slowly) as soon as you get her that will be half of your battle done!!!!

Other than that just wiping the wrinkles and drying them, and giving her lots of cuddles should be all you need to begin with. I don't wipe my bullys butts unless they need them wiped. Daddy's tail means I have to do it a lot more often than Maggie's.

My advice would be just to keep viisting this site .... asking questions as soon as they pop into your head!!!

Has the breeders sent you any pics of your girl??? We LOVE photos on here so please share!!! :up:

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Congrats on your new baby! Well, you are doing the 1st and biggest thing....research and ask lots of questions!!!! Keep frequenting this site and you will find out everything you need to know and/or didn't know you needed to know. Parouse some older threads and keep asking questions about ANYTHING! The second biggest thing like [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] said is get it on some good high quality food. You can go here Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News or here Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost to find out more. You'll notice that Fromm is very popular with EBN members. With good food comes healthy treats. Stock up on some frozen green beens and carrots...alot of bullies love them and they're good for them too. 3rd but not least important...Find a good vet!!! You can check this link out for some help English Bulldog News Forums ~ Information, Advice, Friendships, Fun - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians or check out the BCA site for other listings.

choppmoney

Feb 15, 2011
Algonac, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
pelee's union "jack" daniels
Patience!!! LOL!! I Like the 35 things that you should have for your bulldog article posted on this site, that really helped.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Get your pup lots of good quality chew toys. You will find that they are heavy chewers..but no rawhide! Nylabones and kongs are probably the best durable toys for your bulldog to be chewing on. Make sure if you live in a hot area..you have A/C or a room with A/C. Bulldogs overheat real easily...and they get cold easily also.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I agree with everybody else. If you read the old posts and then ask plenty of questions as things come up later, you will always get answers and plenty of great advise on this site. EBN is about the best thing to happen to EBs!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.