Peeing issue

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala was spayed as some knows a few days ago. After supper to now 10:30 she pee like 15x not much. Odd
Wondering if its her surgery. Will give vet a call. See how she is tonight.

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
IS SHE ON ANY TYPE OF MEDS? STERIODS MADE MY BULLY PEE. SOMETIMES WITH NO INDICATION HE HAD TO GO PEE. HOPE THATS ALL IT IS.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
No she's not on any meds. Just eye drops for her repaired cherry eye. She's not as bad right now. Before I bring her to the vet will see how many times she asks for the door. I know after being spayed the can get irritated. I just put her out she pee normal so now I will wait to see when she wants to go back out and see how much she pees. Detective work lolll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nyala was spayed as some knows a few days ago. After supper to now 10:30 she pee like 15x not much. Odd
Wondering if its her surgery. Will give vet a call. See how she is tonight.

How is she doing? I'm wondering if she has an UTI.... 15x is WAY too much if not, a UTI

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well so far since 7am she went 5x. She pees a lot more than the ounces here n there like yesterday. She drinks a good 6 cups a day. :) I work from home so it's easier for me and her to go in and out like she wants. I called the vet it was his warden that answered. She's like scans you to see if you really need to talk to the vet or if she can answer your question. Like OY woman, no! I want the vet..period. He's a good bully vet but I think she's the front desk bully lolll Anyway, I will see how it goes till after supper. Nyala is odd as when she goes for her pooping time she poops 2x. She poops then goes to the other corner and poops again. She started to do that to for peeing. Everything is 2x with her. Go figure.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So went to the vet with pee sample and she has crystals calcium oxalate bladder stones. She needs to go on a urinary diet and they want me to give her RC for urinary issues. I dont want her on RC... she read the ingredients whichs starts with corn along other grains

Anyone out there had or has same issues and what brand of food you feeding your dog that helps? ACV etc????

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So went to the vet with pee sample and she has crystals calcium oxalate bladder stones. She needs to go on a urinary diet and they want me to give her RC for urinary issues. I dont want her on RC... she read the ingredients whichs starts with corn along other grains

Anyone out there had or has same issues and what brand of food you feeding your dog that helps? ACV etc????

There are a few that had this issue.... raw, dehydrated or home made food will be best

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow... ok so she's to stay on that diet forever?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Homemade would be the lease expensive way to go. I eat healthy so shouldn't be too hard. I hope lol what are example meals you gave your dog?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow... ok so she's to stay on that diet forever?

Homemade would be the lease expensive way to go. I eat healthy so shouldn't be too hard. I hope lol what are example meals you gave your dog?

Diet change may be for a period of time not forever, depends on the situation. I feed kibble (aka lazy), but The Honest Kitchen, dehydrated food, if you call their customer service line they will help you select a product from them. As for home cooking, I will tag a member that does feed that way. She can give some insight

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Just google "calcium oxalate dogaware" to get great info. You don't need to feed hr RC urinary s**t.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Honest Kitchen, dehydrated food....ty 2bmi will check it out. I just made her ground turkey n butternut squash mixed with CO. Gave her a cup n she ate it all. :)

And there's no way she will eat any RC. That "warden" at that office said...ive been doing this for 15yrs and never seen issues. Pffft she better change jobs this blind bat. Im there just for that vet. Her I can do without. Had to put her to her place a couple times. She reads ingredients first thing came out of her mouth was CORN! I told her...stop there. I wont feed Nyala any corn. Bad ingredient for urinary issues. Like duhhh her 15yrs. Lol I worked 20yrs with teens. Trust me I can smell from far anyone trying to pass a fast one on me. Lol

I will probably buy raw for emergency days I can't cook or on the road and cook at home extra for the week. Man I wanted a small dog as a carryon plane and a no headache dog. Pfffft that backed fired on me. Lolll but we love her so work with it as we say. I will do some research. If you guys knows of better way dont hesitate to throw it in here

Cheers

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am reading what i Google and more. Most says the signs are what I pasted below. Buy Nyala pees a lot like over 1/2 or more each time she goes out THEN she goes right back and pees again maybe one ounce or less. That is what is odd.

The most common sign owners notice is difficulty urinating. Dogs take longer to urinate, attempt to urinate more frequently. The amount of urine they pass with each voiding is often less and they will maintain a squatting or leg-cocked position longer after they no longer have urine to void. Some spend excess time licking their genital area subsequent to urination.

QUOTE=RiiSi;653186]Just google "calcium oxalate dogaware" to get great info. You don't need to feed hr RC urinary s**t.[/QUOTE]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.