Help Needed! Drooling

Chuck1206

Mar 30, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
My English bulldog will be 9 in November and up to this point he has been in great health, now over the last 9 months he has had an issue about 3 times where he drools excessively and if I go try wiping the drool he yelps like I'm beating him. And if I just try comforting him by rubbing his head or ears he yelps more. I take him to banfield hospital and pay a monthly fee bc God knows English bulldogs are expensive. Anyways this is really concerning but when I take him into the hospital he hates them to touch him. He is seriously a big baby with everyone who walks in my house but there he just gets so angry. Has anyone had this issue before? Why is he yelping when I run different spots on him? Would having a tumor cause him to yelp when being touched? Or could he just have a tummy ache and doesn't want to be bothered? Any help would be appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Drooling can be a sign if pain or upset belly.... Banfield does mot impress me, maybe you can find a bully vet in your area?

We have a list of member recommended vets--- where are you located, hopefully there is one near you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chuck1206

Mar 30, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I live in pataskala Ohio. Thank you. Yeah they don't impress me much also but the first time I went in there he had a good vet but she left. As much as he goes in to get checkups it has saved me a little money bc I pay a monthly fee and don't have to pay for no visits no matter how many times we go and get a discount on meds and a free dental cleaning. But overall lately I have been disappointed. If you locate a bully vet near my area please let me know.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I live in pataskala Ohio. Thank you. Yeah they don't impress me much also but the first time I went in there he had a good vet but she left. As much as he goes in to get checkups it has saved me a little money bc I pay a monthly fee and don't have to pay for no visits no matter how many times we go and get a discount on meds and a free dental cleaning. But overall lately I have been disappointed. If you locate a bully vet near my area please let me know.

So sorry to hear about your baby, yea sounds like something is definitely going on. That is not normal and like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, drooling is a sign of pain. Also, Banfield is horrible, stay far far far far away from them! Here are the vets we have as recommended for OH. Are any of these close to you??

~OHIO~

Tender Loving Care Animal Hospital
Dr Janine Pepin
Medina, OH
330-461-9957

Animal Clinic Northview
36400 Center Ridge Rd
North Ridgeville OH 44039
440-327-8282
www.northviewvet.com

Dr. Hearst
Oakley Square Animal Hospital