General Question Vet wants to do surgery- need opinions please

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Tracy T and @2BullyMama, DO NOT USE Dr. Sunbury at Sunbury Vet Clinic in Austin! The lady I got Sophie from used to work for him, and she has horror stories about how he treats pets.

Good news though! I do know of a vet who I trust in San Antonio and who has spayed Sophie, neutered Tucker and removed his cherry eye. His name is Dr. Jim Young. He has a website: BULLDOG Marbach Road Animal Hospital 78227 Veterinarian San Antonio 78245 78253 78254 78250.

He is on the south side of San Antonio, which is not convenient for me, and I am looking for a routine vet closer to home.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

thanks for the info.... I will update the list

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@Tracy T and @2BullyMama, DO NOT USE Dr. Sunbury at Sunbury Vet Clinic in Austin! The lady I got Sophie from used to work for him, and she has horror stories about how he treats pets.

Good news though! I do know of a vet who I trust in San Antonio and who has spayed Sophie, neutered Tucker and removed his cherry eye. His name is Dr. Jim Young. He has a website: BULLDOG Marbach Road Animal Hospital 78227 Veterinarian San Antonio 78245 78253 78254 78250.

He is on the south side of San Antonio, which is not convenient for me, and I am looking for a routine vet closer to home.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Always worth the drive if it means experience!

OP
Tracy T

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Thank you so much everyone. I will give March Animal clinic a call and see what we can do.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i agree with everyone else... but again, i have gotten 2nd opinion more then once so its what i do.. lol... thats crazy to remove wrinkles.. never heard of such a thing... its not a bulldog without wrinkles.. is it?? lol..

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Removing the wrinkles from a bulldog? That's like shortening the ears of a basset hound. I'm glad you're seeing another vet. He's a beautiful guy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.