helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala :) hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them

They have blow up cones? Really? Never heard of this before. Will check it out for sure thank you.

So far she's doing good. Ate and all. Just walks into walls how or why not as if the house is small nor the back yard.

Thank you for all your kind words for my Miss Muffet. You guys are great!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala :) hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them

Looking at the blow up cones and she will still be able to scratch her eye with her paw. I will look again . Maybe there is something else out there. :)

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] we used the zen collar from petco, size large Murray was around 50 lbs at the time and he wasn't able to scratch it at all, he could put his paw up but not far enough to reach past the cone. Loops through the collar which helped it stay on. I forget the name of the brand that they had at pet smart but that collar wasn't made as well and didn't stay on great. Good luck :)

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy that she is home and okay! It will only take a couple of days, and she will learn how to manuver the cone!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are :victory:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are :victory:

Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo

Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them. :)

Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. :w00t: There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

Thank you for a great bully site!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them. :)

Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. :w00t: There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

Thank you for a great bully site!

great update and advice!! Sorry you lost your carry on buddy :giggle:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Funny woman.... lolllll