Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26

Thread: Spay day

  1. #13
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: Spay day

    Glad she's home safe and on the road to recovery!

  2. #14
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1544

    Default Re: Spay day

    I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them

  3. #15
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default Re: Spay day

    Awww! Lockjaw was panting when we brought him home. I thought it was him maybe in pain, but still did after pain pills. Vet said its just the anesthesia.
    Lockjaw is on day 4 of the cone after cherry eye and nare widening. I'de say the 1st 2 days were weird for him (but I also kept him crated most of that time too). But now he walks around with it like a pro and he's back to his old self. Lol My legs are taking the brunt of it now! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  5. #16
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,086
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6305

    Default Re: Spay day

    Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them
    They have blow up cones? Really? Never heard of this before. Will check it out for sure thank you.

    So far she's doing good. Ate and all. Just walks into walls how or why not as if the house is small nor the back yard.

    Thank you for all your kind words for my Miss Muffet. You guys are great!

  6. Likes CCandMurray, MFrey2012, Texas Carol liked this post
  7. #17
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,086
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6305

    Default Re: Spay day

    Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them
    Looking at the blow up cones and she will still be able to scratch her eye with her paw. I will look again . Maybe there is something else out there.

  8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
  9. #18
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1544

    Default Re: Spay day

    @helsonwheels we used the zen collar from petco, size large Murray was around 50 lbs at the time and he wasn't able to scratch it at all, he could put his paw up but not far enough to reach past the cone. Loops through the collar which helped it stay on. I forget the name of the brand that they had at pet smart but that collar wasn't made as well and didn't stay on great. Good luck
    Last edited by CCandMurray; 03-28-2016 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Added more

  10. Likes Texas Carol, helsonwheels liked this post
  11. #19
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,655
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6690

    Default Re: Spay day

    Happy that she is home and okay! It will only take a couple of days, and she will learn how to manuver the cone!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  12. Likes Texas Carol, helsonwheels liked this post
  13. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Centerton, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    1,085
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)
    567

    Default Re: Spay day

    Prayers for a speedy recovery

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

  14. #21
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,086
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6305

    Default Re: Spay day

    Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are

  15. Likes 2BullyMama, Sherlock liked this post
  16. #22
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,218
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11549

    Default Re: Spay day

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are

    Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. Likes MFrey2012 liked this post
  18. #23
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,086
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6305

    Default Re: Spay day

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo

    Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them.

    Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

    I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

    Thank you for a great bully site!

  19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  20. #24
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,218
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11549

    Default Re: Spay day

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them.

    Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

    I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

    Thank you for a great bully site!
    great update and advice!! Sorry you lost your carry on buddy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •