Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spay day

Glad she's home safe and on the road to recovery!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Awww! Lockjaw was panting when we brought him home. I thought it was him maybe in pain, but still did after pain pills. Vet said its just the anesthesia.
    Lockjaw is on day 4 of the cone after cherry eye and nare widening. I'de say the 1st 2 days were weird for him (but I also kept him crated most of that time too). But now he walks around with it like a pro and he's back to his old self. Lol My legs are taking the brunt of it now! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    I'm sure you'll be good as new soon Nyala hugs healing thoughts and prayers from Murray and me! P.s. For us the cone was the worst part-you might want to try the blow up cone much more comfy for them
    They have blow up cones? Really? Never heard of this before. Will check it out for sure thank you.

So far she's doing good. Ate and all. Just walks into walls how or why not as if the house is small nor the back yard.

Thank you for all your kind words for my Miss Muffet. You guys are great!

6. Likes CCandMurray, MFrey2012, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Looking at the blow up cones and she will still be able to scratch her eye with her paw. I will look again . Maybe there is something else out there.

8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels we used the zen collar from petco, size large Murray was around 50 lbs at the time and he wasn't able to scratch it at all, he could put his paw up but not far enough to reach past the cone. Loops through the collar which helped it stay on. I forget the name of the brand that they had at pet smart but that collar wasn't made as well and didn't stay on great. Good luck
    Last edited by CCandMurray; 03-28-2016 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Added more

10. Likes Texas Carol, helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Happy that she is home and okay! It will only take a couple of days, and she will learn how to manuver the cone!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

12. Likes Texas Carol, helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are

15. Likes 2BullyMama, Sherlock liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Her stools has been extremely soft. I'm holding on before giving her pepto. Trying to stretch her 24hrs or so. I know its the meds n both shots she received that's giving her soft stools but aside from that she's doing great. Just her cone seems to be 2" too long as even if you push back on it her mouth still doesn't reach her bowl. She would need the in between cone so I don't need to hold her bowls and feed Miss Royalty by hand. She'll develope another problem is wanting being feed by hand and that wont happen in this lifetime!! Lolll Again thank you for all your support. Cool bully people you are

Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

17. Likes MFrey2012 liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Add some pure canned pumpkin to her meals. it will help with the runny poo

Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them.

Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

Thank you for a great bully site!

19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Yes will go out in a bit pick some up. I know it's good for them.

Vet called me as I never saw him before or after surgery. So I asked him all my questions. Poor guy lollll.. He said she will be no where near a so call mini bulldog. I figured that much when she took 6lbs in one week! Lol she should be around the 50lbs. There goes my carry on in the plane idea. He said she has a great nose. Doubt she will have future issues as it's a bit longer. Her tail pocket is well vented but clean it everyday not matter what. Her cherry eye repair went well and to make sure her eye doesn't get cloudy or gray flim. If a stitch scratches the cornea the eye will produce tears and will get infected and can go blind if not treated asap. That is an emergency which I need to bring her back asap and the have 24hr call yay for me. He also said to tell the breeder that she's no mini and might be on something cause of her nose and tail pocket which is on the right track.

I wouldn't have post Nyala's recovery or breeder's so call mini bully, I just figured for the ones out there if they are not sure what your dog is going to go through once they get spayed or more on the cherry eye comment, I think it's important for the "new to cherry eye owners" to watch for the signs and not just wait it out and do nothing when it can be too late. Read what other bully owners went through as there are so many good questions and answers in here. It prepares you to ask questions to your vet and compare answers.

Thank you for a great bully site!
    great update and advice!! Sorry you lost your carry on buddy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads