nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Sorry I'm late to the game here! I've had similar issues with curly - I started giving him one 1000mg fish oil pill a day and he doesn't lose patches of fur anymore. The same also worked with my Frenchton too - he lost all of his fur due to being allergic to our cat and he hasn't had losing fur issues since I started him on fish oil pills.

Also, curly had some trouble with lame where he would get little raise scabby bumps. He does much better on pork. Not sure if it's a food allergy but I thought it would be worth mentioning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
penguinspam

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Sorry I'm late to the game here! I've had similar issues with curly - I started giving him one 1000mg fish oil pill a day and he doesn't lose patches of fur anymore. The same also worked with my Frenchton too - he lost all of his fur due to being allergic to our cat and he hasn't had losing fur issues since I started him on fish oil pills.

Also, curly had some trouble with lame where he would get little raise scabby bumps. He does much better on pork. Not sure if it's a food allergy but I thought it would be worth mentioning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Nubonics, I think we will give fish oil a try, she does have dandruff so her skin is dry despite the coconut oil.

Interesting development though, the patch on her back has kept getting bigger even since the pills and I noticed last night while I was walking her that it is right where the buckle on her harness is when she pulls on her lead! When we got back, there was even a bit of fur under the harness. So she's just getting walked with a collar right now. The harness is padded on the chest area, but not the straps that buckle around her tummy so will be looking for a new harness. She has little round patches on her sides and above her tail so I don't think the harness is the only issue as she is still scratching, but the patch where the harness rubs is by far the biggest. So hopefully that bit will grow back.

I washed all her blankets yesterday with just the hottest wash and white vinegar in case our detergent is irritating her as well. Just have to keep trying things I guess!

If the whitefish protein doesn't work out, will bear the pork in mind!

Members online

No members online now.