nose wrinkle issue

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So I have been trying to get my EB "Mack Daddy" wrinkle issue under control but I haven't had any luck. I have been trying use to wet wipes and clean everything and then apply antibiotic cream on the sore but it doesn't look like it is working. Are there any other remedies to try out before it gets worse. I was planning on taking him to the vet if it didn't get better but I just wanted to ask to make sure.

James

by the way, here is a funny picture of us 12140764_10104347191964490_4703550612229673389_n.jpg

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
He's a gorgeous guy!! Have u tries witch hazel and/ or butt cream ( desitin, balmex, etc) to help keep it dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is a great looking boy.... I agree, use witch hazel and a a diaper rash cream (monkey butt, desitin, etc) to keep it dry

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I second the witch hazel. I use antibiotic cream or desitin after I clean his face if he has red spots. If he doesn't have red spots, I put coconut oil on his nose. For the chin, I clean with witch hazel then apply corn starch to keep it dry.

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
I'll try the destin, where do I get the witch hazel?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I'll try the destin, where do I get the witch hazel?

I use T.N. Dickinson's Face & Body Witch Hazel Astringent from Walmart. I apply with either sensitive baby wipes (with no fragrance or additives) or with round face cotton pads.

Also I make sure to wipe his face after his meals. It helps with the breakouts for me.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I wash Ruckus's nose wrinkle every few days with chlorexodine and apply baby powder to keep it dry. If there is a bad smell or too much redness/infection, you might need to head to the vet for an antibiotic to get it under controls and then develop and upkeep schedule.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.