Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Overjoyed on your great news...Go, Chum!

I don't think neutering will change him but
after your experience with the anesthesia,
I'd freak out. Fortunately, you've got time
to think on it. Sending loving hugs to y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chum is doing much better! The vet called me today and said his age shouldn't matter as far as the neutering but also said his prostate condition is mild..and if there are no issues as far as blood in urine, difficulty peeping or urinary infections it's not really necessary at this point. I am considering It but the anesthesia experience still haunts me..

So HAPPY... He is doing better! I know it is scary, but discuss with your vet doing it now versus at a later age? I get more nervous the older the get too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I came here today and this is the thread i was looking for. Thank goodness Chum is doing better. And that it is not urgent to neuter him. That bad after effect of the anesthesia would traumatize me more too. You and i share the same reason why i don't want to neuter my boy. He is very good as it is, so i'll leave it be. Here's wishing you and Chum lesser stress days and hope Chum have a speedy recovery. Please Give the little handsome guy a tight a hug for me.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to read that [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] is improving in regards to his leg. Let him have that baby seat,he needs it more than the kids! I hope he improves every day! When that is healed, you might start considering the neuter.......just because if the prostate causes trouble later on-his age could be a factor. You might want to have a pro/con discussion with the vet, and also remind him of the "incident" you had with his breathing,and then you will be able to make a decision. Love to you and Chum,keep up the improvement Chum!:yes:

Members online

No members online now.