Feeling under the weather

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Odd day for Miss Nyala. Her bum part was like bothering her till noonish. She was always trying to lick it but these dogs cant reach there. Nothing was hanging either from there. Not very flexible these pups. Then that stopped. But she just wanted to sleep all day. Not Nyala's type wanting to sleep. After supper im sitting on the sofa decided to pick her up and she was really hot. She isn't usually that hot. She went outside for a pee kept sneezing and yes again her cheery eye popped. But barely. Pushed that back in. She sneezes only outside. She does wake up style with guk in her eyes. Light green but not much like last week. Beautiful warm spring day and she just like sitting in the sun. Aside from all this, shes great. Eats well and drinks alot. Just one of them days I guess.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is she? Might be allergies--- Benedryl 1 mg per pound. Also did you clean under her tail, could be a tail picket itch that is causing her to get back there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi... yes cleaned the tail pocket daily. Was all good there but cleaned it again just incase and she's 35lbs 6 months old

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
My boy does this when his tail pocket itches.He scoots around and tries to itch his ears because he can't reach his butt.I clean it at least once a day but it could be anal glands also

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It sounds a bit like seasonal allergies. Try some Benedryl as suggested to see if that helps a little. Poor Nyala! I know Frank gets upset when he gets itchy and can't reach. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Murray had a tail pocket infection once and ever since we've been been using duoxo wipes to keep his tail pocket clean. *knock on wood* haven't had any issues since! I hope Nyala is feeling better

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She good. I picked her up from the vet earlier for spaying, micro chip, cherry eye and a few shots. I think she forgot her tail today. Lol
But yes im thinking it was that even though I clean it 3-5 x a week. Will be doing this daily now as I do her ears daily. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online