Cherry eye AGAIN :(

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So I came home from work tonight and noticed Murray's other third eyelid has popped out image.jpeg looks like we'll be making another trip to the vet :(

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm afraid I won't be able to successfully do this!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
We rescued a shar-pei a couple of years ago (he has since moved to his forever family), he had cherry eye. I could massage it back on one side but not the other so he had surgery. It was actually not hard to massage it back, just do it very carefully/softly and with circular movements. He must have his eye closed when you massage so you don't touch the cherry eye directly. I watched a video how to do it, it was not as scary as I thought it would be:)

My bulldog Boeboe popped a cherry eye once when she got madly upset about us leaving for the vet with Bennie, she saw us leave with him, not popular:( I massaged that back and it hasn't popped out again thankfully:)

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Gently massage his eye.
Murphys left one usually pops out but it goes back in very easily.
If it looks like his eye is a little dry use eye lube or something like that. Should go back in :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So the crazy thing is this morning it was back in, I'm going to keep an eye on it and watch some YouTube videos

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
So the crazy thing is this morning it was back in, I'm going to keep an eye on it and watch some YouTube videos

When Lockjaws initially came out (in Oct) we could massage it back in. Then eventually it wouldn't stay in. A few weeks ago it kept playing peek a boo with us. Lol- eventually just staying out.
He will be getting it tacked tomorrow along with his neuter and widening his nares.
Darn cherry eyes!!! I was also waiting to see if the other eye would pop out and it never did. So fingers crossed it won't make an appearance in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Perfect example - we are on our walk and low and behold the cherry eye popped back in. BUT- you can still see the extra lid on the corner of his eye. Like it's not completely retracted back.
Tomorrow is D-day! So he'll be a handsome boy permanently!
6dcf1741aff91dad8062418a7e0ffd10.jpg

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Good luck Corine and lock jaw! Murray and I will be thinking of you both tomorrow please let us know how it goes I'm sure he'll do great :)

LouLanaro

Mar 31, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Hi all

just recently joined this forum and one of the reasons to see others experience with bulldog health.
Well my 4 1/2 month puppy 2 weeks ago had a little bubble in his eye and took him directly to the vet she smiled and said it was cherry eye then tried to sell me their brand of dog food....
Paid 90 dollars to find out that my dog had cherry eye and probably would need surgery....every time I go there I see a different vet and all they do is try to sell me their products...I have other stories but keeping this on cherry eye...I did some research ; and you tube showed me how to pop it back in...very easy...does come out occasionally but I give little massage and back in...his eye is a bit red and asked vet for antibiotic cream in case there was infection.....she would not give to me unless I brought him in for another visit....I am bringing him for another visit Monday but to another vet with a better rating....

cherryeye.JPG

Nocherry_eye.JPG

Attachments

• Nocherry_eye.JPG
    Nocherry_eye.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi all

just recently joined this forum and one of the reasons to see others experience with bulldog health.
Well my 4 1/2 month puppy 2 weeks ago had a little bubble in his eye and took him directly to the vet she smiled and said it was cherry eye then tried to sell me their brand of dog food....
Paid 90 dollars to find out that my dog had cherry eye and probably would need surgery....every time I go there I see a different vet and all they do is try to sell me their products...I have other stories but keeping this on cherry eye...I did some research ; and you tube showed me how to pop it back in...very easy...does come out occasionally but I give little massage and back in...his eye is a bit red and asked vet for antibiotic cream in case there was infection.....she would not give to me unless I brought him in for another visit....I am bringing him for another visit Monday but to another vet with a better rating....

View attachment 97150

View attachment 97152

I pushed Nyala's cherry eye 3x a week. Goes in each time but as soon as she gets excited pops out again. She was spayed and I took the advantage having her eye fix. Smart thinking going elsewhere! What part in Canada are you?

LouLanaro

Mar 31, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Hi
thanks for your comments

I am 1 1/2 hours north of Toronto small town Collingwood; Ski and resort area.
My strategy for now is to keep putting it back in and try to curb excitement much as possible (good luck) and maybe as he gets older the muscles around his eye will get stronger and stop popping out. He will be spayed before one year old and at that time I will decide on surgery and also see if other eye pops.
I am looking for some eye drops anti inflammatory to reduce any swelling or prevent any infection. I am using liquid tears to lubricate at the moment

regards
Lou

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi
thanks for your comments

I am 1 1/2 hours north of Toronto small town Collingwood; Ski and resort area.
My strategy for now is to keep putting it back in and try to curb excitement much as possible (good luck) and maybe as he gets older the muscles around his eye will get stronger and stop popping out. He will be spayed before one year old and at that time I will decide on surgery and also see if other eye pops.
I am looking for some eye drops anti inflammatory to reduce any swelling or prevent any infection aside. I am using liquid tears to lubricate at the moment

regards
Lou

I was thinking exactly like you cause true just pop in it. But the excitement part..... like you said...good luck lol...at that age hard to refrain from playing. Basically them dogs, you want the to move as much as they can throughout their lifetime so they dont become lazy and build up joint issues. Well that's any pet and humans. You've got to move. So after pushing it back in often and her getting spayed I took advantage of a much lesser fee. Here's what to expect. This is in AB but im sure prices arent that far off for different vets. Aside from the anesthesia-electives $75 they charge per 10 mins $116 and that was for 30-60lb dogs. Cherry eye $140.50, spayed $192.50 + laser surgery $89.80. Eye drops $40.48. The rest was hers shots, micro chip total : $873.59 :( so you do save the anesthesia part.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My French bulldog mix has a cherry eye that we can massage back into place too. We find that it comes out when he is chewing too long on a chew toy or if he has allergies. If he has allergies it won't go back in immediately. We give him one Zyrtec (he's 50 pounds) and wait about an hour or so for it to kick in and then it will go back in. From the redness I would guess that your girl might have allergies too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.