Cherry eye AGAIN :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So my 10 months old Lucy had the stitch surgery at the time of her spay at 6 months, within a week her "cherry eye" popped back out. Should I wait until she is a full grown adult to have it tacked again?

I had nyala's stitched while she was spayed. I guess I was luck as at 10 months old she's still good. But I do know how it feels. Popping it in back n forth was a pain. You need to keep them calm as must as possible. Hard I know. I just kept her in and watched her like a hawk.

[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] [MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION]

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hey guys! Sorry I've been a little awol from EBN lately just been crazy busy with work. Murray had his left cherry eye surgery today we just got home and he's doing great so far image.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys! Sorry I've been a little awol from EBN lately just been crazy busy with work. Murray had his left cherry eye surgery today we just got home and he's doing great so far View attachment 100427

He looks so tired... Heal up quickly buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
He is pooped [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] but getting some good rest now. Thanks :) image.jpeg

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
This is my not enthused about the cone face image.jpeg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Tyson had cherry eye in both sides, the left was the worst. He had surgery for it when he was neutered. Unfortunately on his way to the vets for his post-op one week check they seemed to slide out again. I was totally in disbelief. The vet had told me that he had made a big pocket to tuck them. Well Ty just turned two in July and earlier this week we opted to have them redone because that left eye was really bad. This time the vet said he anchored the tissue down somewhere near the orbital. Hoping this time worked. Ty has so much extra skin I always joke and say I think he needs to have a serious eye tuck because he has the droopiest eyes.

I discussed the removal with the vet but when we took him back this time he mentioned that he checked his eyes and he already had what looked like a diminished level of tear production. He thinks as Ty gets older we will have to put daily drops for him anyways.

Hope everything goes well for you.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Tyson! I hope we both are done with cherry eye surgeries for these boys! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way [MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION]

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Thanks. Whatever happens now those eyes will stay the way they are. I don't want to put him under again. Praying that we are both done as well.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awe! So glad to see you back, we've missed ya and sweet Murray. Glad his surgery went smoothly and he's resting at home now. Give him a big hug from me & Ty! [emoji8]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.