My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Glad to here Precious Beefy is doing Good, Praying for this Special Baby with so much Love.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Wonderful news , I hope the weather were getting is not as bad in Buffalo , you get it worse then us most times I know it would not stop me from picking up My guy either after what you both have gone thru , Prayers and Love still coming to you guys for a quick recovery

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great news! He will be happy to come home!

Castor needed bland food for a week or so and slept a lot when he got home. He threw up a few times the first days after surgery and got some meds for his stomach. No painkillers, though, so apparently the throat isn't very sore, which I thought was good to know!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So good to see it all went well.... Hugs to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Update: so I called this morning and spoke with the surgeon...he said that beef threw up this morning so they were going to give him something to settle his stomach and watch him for a few more hours and to make sure he can eat and drink something with no problems. So I still don't have my little man home, but He said to call again at 2pm. Fingers crossed I can go get him!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts that his stomach gets settled and he can come home soon. That is good that they are watching him so carefully.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking on Beefy and see your great news, so happy!

Hoping he's home soon with y'all but he's getting the care
he needs while he's recuperating, try to relax (we know how
hard that is). Wonderful that all got done at one time, Beefy
is going to feel much better...big hugs to all ;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Update: so I called this morning and spoke with the surgeon...he said that beef threw up this morning so they were going to give him something to settle his stomach and watch him for a few more hours and to make sure he can eat and drink something with no problems. So I still don't have my little man home, but He said to call again at 2pm. Fingers crossed I can go get him!

Keep us updated - it is common for them to vomit, its from the meds, and surgery. Hope he is home today!!

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
HE'S HOME!!!!! I'm so so so relieved. He's very very slow moving and weak, he's nauseated and keeps retching. They didn't send him home with any medications which I'm surprised about but they said the pain should be better tomorrow. His breathing doesn't really sound any better but they said it will take a few days. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
HE'S HOME!!!!! I'm so so so relieved. He's very very slow moving and weak, he's nauseated and keeps retching. They didn't send him home with any medications which I'm surprised about but they said the pain should be better tomorrow. His breathing doesn't really sound any better but they said it will take a few days. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

They didn't give you any pain meds???? That's odd. Did you ask? Tyson had meds for a few days. Poor boy, but I bet he is SO HAPPY to be home. Now he can rest comfortably :) Ask them if they gave him anything for his belly too. Poor guy.

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
No he didn't get any meds at all, none for pain or nausea. They said he shouldn't need it after today... So I'm gunna see how he is tomorrow. If I think he's still nauseated or in pain I'm going to call them.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww, poor Beefy, hope he gets over retching soon.

Being home together is so wonderful :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck with him tonight... Prayers for a quick recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15146]Dfestaiuti[/MENTION] Wondering how Beef is doing today? Hope he had a good night,and has stopped the wretching. Sending good wishes and prayer.

Most Reactions

Members online