D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Thanks everyone! His surgery will be starting soon...

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I understand your position , positive thoughts are on the way and many prayers , deep breaths and keep us up-to-date please , He will be so much better after think of that

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray::pray::pray:surgery goes well and everyone feels better!:pray:

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Update: the surgery went well, the doc said his soft palate was "profoundly long and very thick, impeding his breathing very much"....he also said his trachea is on the smaller side, but there's nothing that can be done about that. He said his larynx is thickened (nothing that can be done about that either) so getting the breathing tube down there was difficult..... Right now he's in stable condition, still intubated and sedated. He said he's going into recovery now where he will begin to wake up over the next few hours and when he's almost fully awake they will take the breathing tube out and that's when problems may or may not arise. Because it was a more traumatic intubation there may be a chance for swelling when it's removed. In which case his chest is shaved incase of the need for an emergency trach... He said he doesn't anticipate that though because he's on lots of steroids which are anti inflammatorys. So we're not out of the woods yet. He said so far so good and that he'd call me when he's awake and breathing on his own . He has had his nares widened and 1 everted saccule removed. Keep the prayers coming...we're not out of the woods just yet but I have faith in my boy.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for letting us know how things are going - Castor had his chest area shaved too in case they needed to open up. We're thinking of Beef!

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Beef is out of surgery, extubated and awake!! Vet said everything went GREAT and that the extubated was easy. I'm so relieved and happy. Hes staying overnight because of the risk for swelling and I'll pick him up tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks you to everyone for the prayers and kind words. This forum was a life saver for me these past few weeks with all the support!

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
He had palate shortened, 1 saccules removed, nares widened and neuter. POOR BABY!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So glad to hear that he is doing well and the surgery went great! What a relief! It is good that they are watching him overnight too in case of problems. Sending positive thoughts for a good recovery and that Beef can go home tomorrow. What a strong boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that Beef is doing well!:clap::2thumbs::mansfriend:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Beef is out of surgery, extubated and awake!! Vet said everything went GREAT and that the extubated was easy. I'm so relieved and happy. Hes staying overnight because of the risk for swelling and I'll pick him up tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks you to everyone for the prayers and kind words. This forum was a life saver for me these past few weeks with all the support!

Yeayyyy! And it's great he had all done at once! Can't wait til he's home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.