Soft palate surgery tomorrow...

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Beef is going for his soft palate surgery tomorrow (with possible removal of any saccules and widening the nares) and neuter... I'm sick to my stomach about it but I know it will be the best for him in the long run. I Could really use some prayers for a safe surgery, I'm so nervous :(

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Greco and I are sending positive thought and prayers for your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Our vet suggested soft palate surgery as well, but said he doesn't do it and suggested we find a different vet to do the surgery. How necessary is it? My vet made it seem like it would help the snoring, but was not necessary.

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
If it was just because of the snoring I probabily wouldn't be doing this. But my bulldog snorts every breath he takes, he gags, he throws up white foamy phlegm with food bits caught in it (vet says the elongated palate traps all that in his throat). He gets out of breath so fast and takes a while to catch his breath.. It's scary and I feel like this will make his overall quality of life so much better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for your boy.

:hug:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sending you lots of hugs and many prayers everything will be OK keep us posted throughout the day!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Sending lots of prayers and love your way!! Lockjaw gets neutered, nares and cherry eye on Thursday. So I'll be asking for the same good vibes in a couple days!
Please keep us updated! I'm sure your baby is in wonderful hands!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts and best wishes that everything goes well! Frank had his palate, nares, and saccules done two years ago and it has improved his breathing so much. He doesn't gasp for air anymore, he is less phlemy, and doesn't choke on his food as much.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Will be sending prayer and good thoughts for your baby. Beef will feel so much better when he can breathe easier!:yes::) :pray:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Prayers and positive thoughts to you and your baby bully, please let us know how it goes!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Best regards and positive thoughts from Castor & Co!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending lots of hugs and prayers… Wally had the same surgery done about a year ago, and it was the best decision we have made. His breathing is so much better… keep us posted!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.