Frank's prostate/prolapsed urethra?

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I havent been on all week bit so glad to hear Frank is doing well after his surgery!
Erin, how old is Frank? Chum has some more important issues to deal with first but the vet said he has an enlarged prostate. He's 5 yrs old and not neutered. I never wanted to risk putting him under but if it's affecting his health now it may be time, I'm just wondering if it's ok to do at 5

Frank will be 6 in July. We also never neutered Frank because I didn't want to risk putting him under either and I never had a vet I trusted. I never thought he would run into these problems but it was very scary to see him bleeding so much and it was something that we just had to do. I was terrified of putting him through surgery, especially with his past breathing issues, but luckily he did very well and is recovering well.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Frank will be 6 in July. We also never neutered Frank because I didn't want to risk putting him under either and I never had a vet I trusted. I never thought he would run into these problems but it was very scary to see him bleeding so much and it was something that we just had to do. I was terrified of putting him through surgery, especially with his past breathing issues, but luckily he did very well and is recovering well.

Erin I am the same FTSE is four and half and we have not had him nurtured for the same reason. So very happy to see Frank is doing well as its so flaming scary when they go under.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I just read the whole thread and I'm so glad everything went well and Frank is on the mend! [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] Enlarged prostate can lead to all kinds of troubles, so anesthesia is the smaller evil in that case.

Members online

No members online now.