OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank recovering.jpg
We picked up Frank and he is a little woozy still but seems to be doing well. We are very happy that the surgery went well and that he is home with us. The vet said that before his surgery he was bleeding quite a bit so hopefully having him neutered will solve this issue.

I am always welcome to any suggestions that you guys might have for making his recovery as easy as possible. Thank you all for your positive thoughts, prayers, and support!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wonderful news! Will be praying it takes care of
any bleeding issues from prostrate.

Neuters are usually easier recoveries than spays.

No jumping, running, etc for a week.

Give Frank kisses from me & yourself big hugs and
start breathing again ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 96995
We picked up Frank and he is a little woozy still but seems to be doing well. We are very happy that the surgery went well and that he is home with us. The vet said that before his surgery he was bleeding quite a bit so hopefully having him neutered will solve this issue.

I am always welcome to any suggestions that you guys might have for making his recovery as easy as possible. Thank you all for your positive thoughts, prayers, and support!

So happy he is home and getting better... Hugs and love to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm glad he's home now! Awe he's going to be dopey tonight but he will be back to his normal self very soon! Love you Frank!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So happy he is back home with you Erin and hope the bleeding doesn't continue thinking of all three of you.

Hugs to you all

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
View attachment 96995

!
Yay! So happy to see that "woozy" so cute face at home! I hope his problem will be solved:pray2:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
View attachment 96995

How's Frank today?

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
How's Frank today?

He is doing really well! After a bit of a restless night, he is definitely getting back to his old self. He never lost his appetite or got sick. He bled a little yesterday but so far this morning he hasn't at all (knock on wood), which is the first time in five days. He wanted to play this morning and got pouty when we wouldn't. Now he is sitting outside sunbathing. We are so happy that he is recovering so well! :whew:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is doing really well! After a bit of a restless night, he is definitely getting back to his old self. He never lost his appetite or got sick. He bled a little yesterday but so far this morning he hasn't at all (knock on wood), which is the first time in five days. He wanted to play this morning and got pouty when we wouldn't. Now he is sitting outside sunbathing. We are so happy that he is recovering so well! :whew:

Great news... So good to hear he is recovering so well

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great news!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh...thank God!

Read Beefy's post op nightmare and still crying ;(

Couldn't take two bulldogs in distress, love these bulldogs
like my own Cami and feel so deeply for any member here
when their babies are in danger.

Giving thanks that Frank is feeling good & not bleeding.

Sending hugs of LOVE to Frank & y'all <3

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I havent been on all week bit so glad to hear Frank is doing well after his surgery!
Erin, how old is Frank? Chum has some more important issues to deal with first but the vet said he has an enlarged prostate. He's 5 yrs old and not neutered. I never wanted to risk putting him under but if it's affecting his health now it may be time, I'm just wondering if it's ok to do at 5

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I havent been on all week bit so glad to hear Frank is doing well after his surgery!
Erin, how old is Frank? Chum has some more important issues to deal with first but the vet said he has an enlarged prostate. He's 5 yrs old and not neutered. I never wanted to risk putting him under but if it's affecting his health now it may be time, I'm just wondering if it's ok to do at 5

I'm butting in, even though I know you didn't ask me, lol

We had to have Tyson neutered at 8 yrs old due to the same thing as Frank. Enlarged prostate which caused him to start bleeding. Then he had to put under again at one month shy of 9 yrs old bc he ate socks. If your vet is bully experienced it should be fine. I think Frank is 6 (I think).

Our experiences were night & day from a non experienced bully vet vs experienced. If Chums prostate is large and continues to get larger - it will be your only option to get back to normal since it's the testosterone causing it :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online