Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hello and happy Monday to all my bulldog lovers!

Quick question as I tried to do a little research on the topic and think I may be on the right direction.

Izzy caught the kennel cough last week. I saw a posting at her daycare on Monday and Thursday she started coughing and hacking. It's a dry cough... mainly when she first wakes up and at night. She has no gunk coming out of her nose... just water. I am keeping an eye on her and debating if she needs a vet visit. Been giving her a little Texas honey and benadryl (1mg per pound right?).

Anything else the group recommends? She is young and in very good health... that's why I haven't rushed to the doctor. Apparently its a virus... and unless it shows sign of an infection there's no much I can do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You are correct.... as long as she does not get any worse, nothing that can be done, it just has to run its course. Lots of water and plenty of rest for her

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thanks for confirming. Been keeping her pretty quiet with not much activity outdoor.

:)

You are correct.... as long as she does not get any worse, nothing that can be done, it just has to run its course. Lots of water and plenty of rest for her

Most Reactions