Magsdad

Mar 20, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Hi! I'm new to the forum! We have a 4 year old English bulldog that has allergy problems. She is constantly itching and her eyes get severely matted with mucus. We have changed her food many times. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Welcome to you and Maggie! What food are you feeding her right now? One of my bullies suffered terrible allergies and nothing seemed to help until he was prescribed Apoquel. It works wonders on so many allergy issues but it is hard to get because of its great success rate. Has maggie seen a vet regarding the allergy issues? It wouldn't hurt to get a vets opinion and you can inquire about the Apoquel . Good luck. I'm sure more members will respond with helpful info on allergy remedies also. Have you tried Benadryl yet?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree, normally start w/the food. Has the vet checked her eyes yet? Sometimes they develop eye issues related to their eyelashes irritating their eyes… has she ever had any eye ulcers? Does her allergies seem seasonal or year round?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

What food (brand and protein) are you feeding?

When you say mucus in her eyes... does it have color to it (yellow or green)?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online