Pet Insurance

eric1111

Feb 28, 2011
What would be the best pet insurance. Which insurance's will cover the common health problems with Bulldogs.

Thanks For All The Help

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I honestly don't feel like Pet Insurance is worth it.

You have to pay a fairly big fee each month, and it barely even covers anything. It mostly covers routine procedures such as vaccinations..which aren't that pricey anyway. After my huge health scare with Delilah, I looked into the Pet Insurance..in order for things like emergency surgery to even be just barely covered, it was almost $100 a month! And that didn't even hardly cover anything. It's not even that much to have me on the health insurance.

If anyone has had better luck with Pet Insurance..I'd love to hear. Because as we speak I still owe $400 for Delilah's over $1,000 vet bill a few months ago. =/

Oldebutagoody

Mar 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hey if you haven't checked out that Trupanion link yet....that's the company I've got my bully insured with. I found that they seemed to have the best NO LIMIT per incident, per dog, per year coverage at 90% of your vet bill versus some companies only covering 75%-80% with limits to how much ( e.g $5000 per incident and even per year?!), and they do cover common conditions known to most dogs...just not if they already had the condition x number of months prior to your claim. They don't cover vet exam fees, or any normal trip kind of stuff like vaccinations,flea or heartworm treatments,etc.etc... but they cover diagnostic testing, medication, hospitalization, surgeries, etc...for injuries/conditions caused by accidents OR sickness and illness including congenital and hereditary conditions known to the breed. You can set the deductible to whatever you're comfortable with paying and the site will automatically adjust the monthly payments so you can see the difference. Also, the monthly rates are cheaper, the younger the dog that you're insuring.

Anyways all that info is on the website...just thought I'd share because it's something I had recently looked into and am paying for. But haven't had to use yet ( knock on wood ). I'm sure there are other great companies with decent coverage. It's worth thinking about....in the end it, peace of mind was also a big factor in deciding for me. Just my 0.02 cents. :D

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have Trupanion on both of my dogs 1 English Bulldog and 1 Cocker Spaniel. I have had it for almost 3 years on my Cocker and Bertie has had it for a little over a year. I can not say enough good things about Trupanion. It is so easy to make a claim and there are no limits to how much you can claim. It covers 90% of the bill...it doesn't cover basic care like vaccinations or spay, but it does cover almost everything else. I have never had any issues with claims being paid. Bertie has had her nares opened up, cherry eye surgery in both eyes, soft pallet reduction, hernia repair. Thank goodness for Trupanion! I also carry the additional hip dysplasia policies on both of my dogs and my premiums, with no deductible is still only $85 a month.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.