Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head Tremors...and the solution we found to keep them at bay.

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Head Tremors...and the solution we found to keep them at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss1069 View Post
    just my 2 cents, about a month or 2 after we got Coda we noticed that she had her tremors going first slow then more aggresively and this took place on the weekend so had no available vet, instead wifey got on the interweb and did research and the most common reason was low blood sugar...we learned that most were giving a spoonfull of peanut butter so we did and tremors stopped, now shes 2 yrs old and hasnt had tremors at all and hope they never come back. After talking with vet he said that there wasnt much to worry since they stopped and just see if itd come back or not to inform him...dont know if anyone else here tried the pb spoonfull

We've done peanut butter as well...when we were out of granola. Since my MIL is a diabetic and she mentioned to use that also. But granola just travels easier. Anything that can bring up their sugar level will work...Oatmeal/oats just happens to not only work once given but breaks down into sugar as the body digests it.

Thanks for sharing your experience as well...and I'm glad that you've not seen any tremors in Coda for two years!

Just my thoughts...nothing to back them up. But I wonder if growth spurts were the reason her metabolism went into over drive and caused her sugar level to drop...
    Last edited by cadillactaste; 03-04-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@cadillactaste We were freefeeding at the time so who knows when Cutty last ate. Now that they are such piggies on the fromm we have to actually feed them so they dont over do it and get fat. As far as activity goes he is usually somewhat active before bed because that is our tv time which means it is his "fetch" time, or so he thinks. haha

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    @cadillactaste We were freefeeding at the time so who knows when Cutty last ate. Now that they are such piggies on the fromm we have to actually feed them so they dont over do it and get fat. As far as activity goes he is usually somewhat active before bed because that is our tv time which means it is his "fetch" time, or so he thinks. haha

@cali~jenn
    You explaining this...makes even more sense to your saying earlier...
    Especially since the few times he does get them it is usually at night when he is sleeping.
    Though he was freefed at the time...being active at bedtime...would cause his metabolism to kick in more than a dog just laying around. If he didn't eat after his romping...may explain why he had those few head tremors. Just a thought...
    Last edited by cadillactaste; 03-04-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

True could be.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactaste View Post
    Just my thoughts...nothing to back them up. But I wonder if growth spurts were the reason her metabolism went into over drive and caused her sugar level to drop...
    @cadillactaste Several sites we visited did mention the growth spurts which i forgot to mention and well the older they get the lazier they get so im sure they dont burn the same amount of sugar at older ages which is probably why i havnt seen them in 2 yrs. As a puppy she chased everything and anything and does so now but does eat a proper amount so thats what keeps her good for now

"So Let It Be Written"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads