B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Hello everyone!
I'm new to owning a bulldog and have learned so much from this site, but I need some opinions and advice please. My boy, Gus, was scratching his face this evening and I noticed he has a red bump below his eye. It is not very big, less than pea sized, but is raw and bothers him if I touch it. Does it look like something I should go to the vet about or is it minor? My first reaction is to rush to vet, but I don't want to over react. Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry the picture is not great.
image.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!!

it is really hard to see it, but it might be a pimple.... I would watch it close and clean it with witch hazel. Also, i noticed some 'eye booger' there --- does he have allergies?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It is hard to see but it could be a bite from something. Is he showing any signs of an allergic reaction? Benedryl can help with that.
Like Christine said, cleaning and monitoring it as well as trying to keep him from scratching his face will probably be enough.

Gus is a cutie! Welcome to EBN!

OP
B770QE

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I'm so relieved it does not seem to be anything too serious! I cleaned it last night before bed & put a bit of hydrocortisone cream on it to stop the itch. It does look better this morning.

I don't think Gus has allergies, but he gets eye boogers after eating. We clean his face with a soft cloth. After he ate last night is when the scratching started and I noticed the bump.

Thank you for your replies. My husband was sure it was something simple & I was sure it was an emergency! Glad to know he was right. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online