Question about skin issues

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Hi everyone its been a long time since I have visited this website. My Meatball is doing fabulous. I am asking a question about a female bulldog in a animal orphanage in my home state of NJ. This girl is breaking my heart so I am going to try and adopt her if they let me. Depends on her cat test and test with Meatball. She is 4 years old and was not taken care of very well. She has some kind of skin tag, ointment in her on eye(they couldn't tell me why) but it looked like green gunk, raw skin areas, any clues on this stuff please tell me!! I want to save this dog IMG_10831.pngIMG_44781.jpgIMG_10831.pngTTACH]

She has that skin tag in her wrinkles. Theres about 6/7 of them

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well it's hard to diagnose w/pictures… I would say the raw skin is probably from just plain neglect, a good bath and some ointment would clear that up. The eyes could be several different things… entropion, distichia (issues w/the eyelashes or eyelids) or it could be from just plain allergies. Putting her a on good grain free food would help immensely…

I would get her to a good bully vet ASAP… I'm sure some TLC would help too!!! Good luck, and let us know how it goes...

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Thanks for your input. I also thought food related issues however the skin tags threw me for a loop. Never saw them before on a dog. One sticks out hut between her wrinkles theres alot more:(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone its been a long time since I have visited this website. My Meatball is doing fabulous. I am asking a question about a female bulldog in a animal orphanage in my home state of NJ. This girl is breaking my heart so I am going to try and adopt her if they let me. Depends on her cat test and test with Meatball. She is 4 years old and was not taken care of very well. She has some kind of skin tag, ointment in her on eye(they couldn't tell me why) but it looked like green gunk, raw skin areas, any clues on this stuff please tell me!! I want to save this dogView attachment 96684View attachment 96686View attachment 96684TTACH]

She has that skin tag in her wrinkles. Theres about 6/7 of them

OMG... what a sweet face. I so pray you get here.... it does look like her neck sore is a hotspot, her eye could be conjunctivitis or as Tracey said, issues with her lashes. as for the skin tags, need better pictures, but could just be all from lack of care and bad food.

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help in anyway for you to get her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe.... She's got the sweetest face, I can understand why you're smitten.

Agree- hotspot behind the ear. Not sure what those skin tags are though. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The skin tags-usually-if they are hanging by thin pieces of skin, are removeable. If they are attached to the skin,are tumors;or warts. Can you take her for a vet check before adoption?

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
The skin tags-usually-if they are hanging by thin pieces of skin, are removeable. If they are attached to the skin,are tumors;or warts. Can you take her for a vet check before adoption?

The vet at the animal shelter is looking at her today. We go tonight to see what was said and if shes cat friendly. If we can adopt her only than can we take her to our vet for a check up but not before actually adopting her. I'm going to look at the skin tags tonight and see if they are hanging or firm. Thank you for your advice on the skin tags.

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
OMG... what a sweet face. I so pray you get here.... it does look like her neck sore is a hotspot, her eye could be conjunctivitis or as Tracey said, issues with her lashes. as for the skin tags, need better pictures, but could just be all from lack of care and bad food.

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help in anyway for you to get her.

She is being seen by the shelter vet today. I'm going tonight to see whats up with her. The way I understand it she lived the last 4 years in a bedroom, hidden from everyone, because the owners were not allowed to have pets in their apartment. I guess they got caught?? Not completely sure but her skin looks god awful. I'm thinking her quality of food was sh?t!!! Will know more tonight about health, cat test, and if shes cat friendly I'm scheduling a meet and greet with Meatball for safety reasons. Don't want them killing eachother

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]... Hope it all goes well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Well I went and saw Maggie tonight and unfortunately the workers had no answers other than the vet checked her out and her cat test wasn't done. I was told to call tomorrow for health questions I may have. I noticed Maggie wasn't the same today. She was quiet and mild mannered yesterday. Today she was barking and growling a bit. I asked them to put her outside with myself and my children in a pen. She didn't have aggression with my kids but immediately went after a barking dog in the pen next to us. Completely different experience than yesterday. Hopefully if we get to the stage where she meets Meatball she won't be aggressive. Any opinions?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well I went and saw Maggie tonight and unfortunately the workers had no answers other than the vet checked her out and her cat test wasn't done. I was told to call tomorrow for health questions I may have. I noticed Maggie wasn't the same today. She was quiet and mild mannered yesterday. Today she was barking and growling a bit. I asked them to put her outside with myself and my children in a pen. She didn't have aggression with my kids but immediately went after a barking dog in the pen next to us. Completely different experience than yesterday. Hopefully if we get to the stage where she meets Meatball she won't be aggressive. Any opinions?

She in in a strange place and not secure, she most likely will act out and it is hard to tell if it is her or the situation. Sorry.... hope things go better tomorrow

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.