Thread: Question about skin issues

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Default Question about skin issues

Hi everyone its been a long time since I have visited this website. My Meatball is doing fabulous. I am asking a question about a female bulldog in a animal orphanage in my home state of NJ. This girl is breaking my heart so I am going to try and adopt her if they let me. Depends on her cat test and test with Meatball. She is 4 years old and was not taken care of very well. She has some kind of skin tag, ointment in her on eye(they couldn't tell me why) but it looked like green gunk, raw skin areas, any clues on this stuff please tell me!! I want to save this dog[ATTACH=CONFIG]96684[/A-img_10801-jpg-img_44781-jpg-img_10831-pngTTACH]

She has that skin tag in her wrinkles. Theres about 6/7 of them

2. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about skin issues

Well it's hard to diagnose w/pictures… I would say the raw skin is probably from just plain neglect, a good bath and some ointment would clear that up. The eyes could be several different things… entropion, distichia (issues w/the eyelashes or eyelids) or it could be from just plain allergies. Putting her a on good grain free food would help immensely…

I would get her to a good bully vet ASAP… I'm sure some TLC would help too!!! Good luck, and let us know how it goes...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for your input. I also thought food related issues however the skin tags threw me for a loop. Never saw them before on a dog. One sticks out hut between her wrinkles theres alot more

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Hi everyone its been a long time since I have visited this website. My Meatball is doing fabulous. I am asking a question about a female bulldog in a animal orphanage in my home state of NJ. This girl is breaking my heart so I am going to try and adopt her if they let me. Depends on her cat test and test with Meatball. She is 4 years old and was not taken care of very well. She has some kind of skin tag, ointment in her on eye(they couldn't tell me why) but it looked like green gunk, raw skin areas, any clues on this stuff please tell me!! I want to save this dog[ATTACH=CONFIG]96684[/A-img_10801-jpg-img_44781-jpg-img_10831-pngTTACH]

She has that skin tag in her wrinkles. Theres about 6/7 of them
    OMG... what a sweet face. I so pray you get here.... it does look like her neck sore is a hotspot, her eye could be conjunctivitis or as Tracey said, issues with her lashes. as for the skin tags, need better pictures, but could just be all from lack of care and bad food.

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help in anyway for you to get her.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awe.... She's got the sweetest face, I can understand why you're smitten.

Agree- hotspot behind the ear. Not sure what those skin tags are though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

The skin tags-usually-if they are hanging by thin pieces of skin, are removeable. If they are attached to the skin,are tumors;or warts. Can you take her for a vet check before adoption?
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    The skin tags-usually-if they are hanging by thin pieces of skin, are removeable. If they are attached to the skin,are tumors;or warts. Can you take her for a vet check before adoption?
    The vet at the animal shelter is looking at her today. We go tonight to see what was said and if shes cat friendly. If we can adopt her only than can we take her to our vet for a check up but not before actually adopting her. I'm going to look at the skin tags tonight and see if they are hanging or firm. Thank you for your advice on the skin tags.

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    OMG... what a sweet face. I so pray you get here.... it does look like her neck sore is a hotspot, her eye could be conjunctivitis or as Tracey said, issues with her lashes. as for the skin tags, need better pictures, but could just be all from lack of care and bad food.

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help in anyway for you to get her.
    She is being seen by the shelter vet today. I'm going tonight to see whats up with her. The way I understand it she lived the last 4 years in a bedroom, hidden from everyone, because the owners were not allowed to have pets in their apartment. I guess they got caught?? Not completely sure but her skin looks god awful. I'm thinking her quality of food was sh?t!!! Will know more tonight about health, cat test, and if shes cat friendly I'm scheduling a meet and greet with Meatball for safety reasons. Don't want them killing eachother

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

... Hope it all goes well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Well I went and saw Maggie tonight and unfortunately the workers had no answers other than the vet checked her out and her cat test wasn't done. I was told to call tomorrow for health questions I may have. I noticed Maggie wasn't the same today. She was quiet and mild mannered yesterday. Today she was barking and growling a bit. I asked them to put her outside with myself and my children in a pen. She didn't have aggression with my kids but immediately went after a barking dog in the pen next to us. Completely different experience than yesterday. Hopefully if we get to the stage where she meets Meatball she won't be aggressive. Any opinions?

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Well I went and saw Maggie tonight and unfortunately the workers had no answers other than the vet checked her out and her cat test wasn't done. I was told to call tomorrow for health questions I may have. I noticed Maggie wasn't the same today. She was quiet and mild mannered yesterday. Today she was barking and growling a bit. I asked them to put her outside with myself and my children in a pen. She didn't have aggression with my kids but immediately went after a barking dog in the pen next to us. Completely different experience than yesterday. Hopefully if we get to the stage where she meets Meatball she won't be aggressive. Any opinions?
    She in in a strange place and not secure, she most likely will act out and it is hard to tell if it is her or the situation. Sorry.... hope things go better tomorrow
    e.

Remove Ads