OH NOOOOO!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Woke up this morning to see this. CHERRY EYE!!!!!

Immediately put polysporin antibiotic.

Anything else better out there?????
Poor thing :(

Cherry eye  6 months old.jpg

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cherry eye  6 months old.jpgCherry eye gone 5 mins.jpg

OMG!!!! after posting Nyala's cherry eye woke up to this morning, went on the net read read read and fell on this you tube How to treat cherry eye. Just push it back in while massaging!!!! I swear it worked!!! Look before n after photos. Man im so happy you cant image. Will try another photo as its dark the after one. But im still happy!

Cherry Eye Treatment - Home Remedy For Dogs (k9-1) - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh crap she just woke up and its back. That is odd. Going to try it again as it did work. Mabe she put pressure on it while sleeping?

5 mins down the road........

Ok it's back in. Im keeping her me so she puts no pressure on it. Hope it stays in

Sherlock

Mar 5, 2016
Italy
Country
Italy
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston and Emma
Winston had his first cherry eye when he was 4 month old. We tried several times to put it back but no way. We went to the vet and took the decision to wait and see if also the other eye went out. In a few days it happened so Winston went on a surgery a couple of weeks later and re-positioned both of them. Everything went well and then he never had any problem.

Inviato dal mio Samsung S5

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwwwa... poor thing. Well he's fine now that's what counts.

Well so far so good it didn't come out. What a ridiculous thing to have. :(

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Don't worry mama. It looks scarier than it really is. I just massage my boy's cherry eye back when it happens. Lucky for me it works and it hasn't happened for quite awhile now, knock on wood. You will have to consider operation if massaging doesn't work. So crossing fingers here that massaging it back is all you need.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mama? Lol cute.... well so far still in. Yes it is scary. You just don't want anything happening to your pet. Like you children, you don't want anything happening to them. :)

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw was the same way. When his first came out we were able to massage it in a few times. Then it just eventually stayed out. That was in Oct. A few weeks ago it went back in on its own, but eventually popped back out.

We have also purposely waited to see if the other side was going to pop out, but it never did. So we just decided to wait it out until we neuter him to have it tacked back.

His surgery is next week. I can't wait for it to be fixed. It really does look worse that it really is. Sometimes it looks a little red, so I'll give him some eye drops and a little of the antibiotic/steroid ointment I have for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw was the same way. When his first came out we were able to massage it in a few times. Then it just eventually stayed out. That was in Oct. A few weeks ago it went back in on its own, but eventually popped back out.

We have also purposely waited to see if the other side was going to pop out, but it never did. So we just decided to wait it out until we neutering him to have it tacked back.

His surgery is next week. I can't wait for it to be fixed. It really does look worse that it really is. Sometimes it looks a little red, so I'll give him some eye drops and a little of the antibiotic/steroid ointment I have for him.

Nyala is getting spayed this Friday. I will talk to the vet see his opinion. But so far so good it hasn't come out. She did have slimmy guk this morning and yes of course I cleaned it but not sure what's going to happen.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Nyala is getting spayed this Friday. I will talk to the vet see his opinion. But so far so good it hasn't come out. She did have slimmy guk this morning and yes of course I cleaned it but not sure what's going to happen.

Yea - consult with your vet. Lockjaw gets the goopy stuff but only in the eye with the cherry. Just like a kid with a blocked tear duct, they aren't able to drain their tears properly and it clogs and comes out. Even if it went back in, it may not be doing its job. That's just my opinion.

Even when his went back in- u could still see it a little (the third eye lid) in comparison to the opposite eye that we've never had an issue with. I should have a pic of when it went in on its own.

9a62f0f5ccfd47688a99e1dd1754b4ef.jpg

The pic with his cherry eye- look at the opposite eye- how it looks nice and white, normal looking. Then on the left after the cherry popped back in - u can still see the lid, like it didn't ALL the way retract- the pink part in the corner. It just didn't look "normal" like the other eye.

Lol- thats just my weird thinking. I'm still pretty new to all things EBD myself. Our biggest difference was i had much more time in between when it first popped out until his scheduled surgery. I just didn't want to put him under more than he needed.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhh i see.....

Just got off the phone with the vet's office so the vet can check her eye. Seems he's not the one spaying Nyala but another vet. Someone got there schedule mixed up. So Nyala will be scheduled by the proper vet that knows bullies very well. I dont want anyone else. Now for March 28th. So in a way will give use another 2 weeks see if any cherry eyes pops up again. Finger cross lol

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Crap cherry eye came back :( not as big just in the corner. But still, it's a royal pain! I pushed it back in. The other eye was full of green guk. Put antibiotics. That's because last night before going to bed, we had a bit of snow. She was all excited running around non stop and putting her head in it and sniffing it. And voilà, next morning, boom cherry eye n green guk! Errrrrgggggggg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crap cherry eye came back :( not as big just in the corner. But still, it's a royal pain! I pushed it back in. The other eye was full of green guk. Put antibiotics. That's because last night before going to bed, we had a bit of snow. She was all excited running around non stop and putting her head in it and sniffing it. And voilà, next morning, boom cherry eye n green guk! Errrrrgggggggg

damn!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Mama? Lol cute.... well so far still in. Yes it is scary. You just don't want anything happening to your pet. Like you children, you don't want anything happening to them. :)

God i hope i never see it , I can work on bleeding humans no worries and have done so but Nope not pushing anything back on or in My little Rosie or any of the other pups in the bunch , Hope Nyala is better and it stops for you guys , Hugs to Nyala

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.