Circle without hair?

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki
Hi there everyone!

Im sorry for my bad English and grammar.

I have English bulldog - male - 1-1/2 years old.
Few months ago I noticed for some hair missing on his front led went to vet and it's sloved by steroids and antibiotics.

Before 1-2 months I saw on his stomach some huge circle (his skin was so red) and hair comes off.
I went to vet again same thing but this time nothing happen, stay as it was but didn't become bigger.

Few days after I saw on his back left hair missing, informed the vet and same thing but nothing happen.

This morning I just hug that little bud and saw on his back more two little circles.

I don't care about wasting my cash for him because he's all my life and I must take care of this dog.
I don't know what to do, I worry about that so much and feels bad i can't help him...

Please buddies, help to me and shoki!

RELMUp0.jpg

eHHrkDu.jpg

iW7NPBK.jpg

sMlp67J.jpg

peHncTh.jpg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hello [MENTION=15624]Camorra[/MENTION] and WeLcOmE to EBN :)

I'm sorry Shoki is having skin issues. What did the vet say caused it? Did they do a skin scrape to rule out parasites such as Mange?

Since it comes back even after treatments it might be food related... it's very common that they're sensitive or allergic to things:( it can even be things in the environment.

My Boeboe has got sensitive skin, it got a little better after we started adding coconut oil and yogurt to her food but you still need to find the root of the problem:unsure:

OP
C

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki
Hello [MENTION=15624]Camorra[/MENTION] and WeLcOmE to EBN :)

I'm sorry Shoki is having skin issues. What did the vet say caused it? Did they do a skin scrape to rule out parasites such as Mange?

Since it comes back even after treatments it might be food related... it's very common that they're sensitive or allergic to things:( it can even be things in the environment.

My Boeboe has got sensitive skin, it got a little better after we started adding coconut oil and yogurt to her food but you still need to find the root of the problem:unsure:

Hi, thanks for helping me and Shoki!!

Well when we was at vet they did that thing and nothing found..
I don't like to give him much antibiotics and steroids..

I dont know why that's happen to my little Shoki but I'm worried for him so much..

There is the current food he's eating -

abia26T.jpg

What can we do for my Shoki? ;(((

Thanks!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
If it's not Mange or any parasite it must be allergy of some kind...:unsure: Most people on the forum are Americans, they'll wake up soon and will have advice:)

Even though he's on a special food for sensitive skin it's still possible that it's an ingredient that's causing his reactions. I see on RC website that the main ingredients are rice and wheat... the wheat can maybe be the problem... I'll tag [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], she's great at these things, I'm not so clued up on foods:blush2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3:

Petra has given your the correct insight --- it seems your Sholi is allergic to something in the food and that is why the medicine from the vet works for a period of time -- the steroids suppress the reaction, it does not cure anything. Is it possible to get a grain free food or feed raw? They are the best choices

OP
C

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki
:welcome3:

Petra has given your the correct insight --- it seems your Sholi is allergic to something in the food and that is why the medicine from the vet works for a period of time -- the steroids suppress the reaction, it does not cure anything. Is it possible to get a grain free food or feed raw? They are the best choices

Hi and thanks for your time !!

What do you mean about - " get a grain free food or feed raw?
Can you explain more?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and thanks for your time !!

What do you mean about - " get a grain free food or feed raw?
Can you explain more?

Grains tend to be a big issue for Bulldogs (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and most dry dog food is packed with it, so if you can purchase a food without any of those ingredients there is a good chance the issue will clear up. Raw, is basically fresh raw meat (turkey, fish, beef, lamb, rabbit) you can feed just the meat with some supplements to get the balance diet for your bully.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Grains tend to be a big issue for Bulldogs (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and most dry dog food is packed with it, so if you can purchase a food without any of those ingredients there is a good chance the issue will clear up. Raw, is basically fresh raw meat (turkey, fish, beef, lamb, rabbit) you can feed just the meat with some supplements to get the balance diet for your bully.

:goodpost:

OP
C

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki

Thanks for the explanation!!

I'll try this as soon as possible!

I hope my Shoki will get better soon, I should go once again to vet tomorrow any tips? What should I tell him about the food? Any medical help needed?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the explanation!!

I'll try this as soon as possible!

I hope my Shoki will get better soon, I should go once again to vet tomorrow any tips? What should I tell him about the food? Any medical help needed?

Can you post any pictures of the area? I'd like to try and see it...... keep in mind the vet will always try to get you to buy what they sell... which is usually all filler based food. So, do your research on what your options are before you change the food.... and then do a slow (7 to 10 day) transition off of the current food to the new food. This way, your baby's belly does not get upset and you are not cleaning up lots of watery poo.

OP
C

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki
Can you post any pictures of the area? I'd like to try and see it...... keep in mind the vet will always try to get you to buy what they sell... which is usually all filler based food. So, do your research on what your options are before you change the food.... and then do a slow (7 to 10 day) transition off of the current food to the new food. This way, your baby's belly does not get upset and you are not cleaning up lots of watery poo.

Which area? The places without hair or the area he lives and outside?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Oh my! there is a lot going on for your poor baby!

They did do a skin scrape for mites, correct? if that cam back negative, then ALL of these issues are probably related to the food

the areas that are moist and red... they are hotspots, which you need to shave the are of the fur, clean with peroxide and then keep the are clean and dry with witch hazel (if you can get that).

the areas that are white with no fur.... I'm thinking looks like mange, which is usually due to mites. skin scrape will be needed to confirm

the other smaller areas that look dry --- might be a staph infection which will need a strong dose over many weeks of antibiotics.

the food you have pictured, if you look at the ingredient list, it is all grains, there is no meat in this food at all. it is grains, fat and liver.

COMPOSITION: rice, wheat gluten, wheat, animal fats, maize, maize gluten, husked oats, hydrolysed poultry liver, minerals, soya oil, beet pulp, fish oil (source of EPA and DHA), flax seeds (source of omega 3), fructo-oligosaccharides, borage oil (source of gamma-linolenic acid), marigold extract (source of lutein).

What other foods do you have available to you?

OP
C

Camorra

Mar 13, 2016
Country
Israel
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoki
Oh my! there is a lot going on for your poor baby!

They did do a skin scrape for mites, correct? if that cam back negative, then ALL of these issues are probably related to the food

the areas that are moist and red... they are hotspots, which you need to shave the are of the fur, clean with peroxide and then keep the are clean and dry with witch hazel (if you can get that).

the areas that are white with no fur.... I'm thinking looks like mange, which is usually due to mites. skin scrape will be needed to confirm

the other smaller areas that look dry --- might be a staph infection which will need a strong dose over many weeks of antibiotics.

the food you have pictured, if you look at the ingredient list, it is all grains, there is no meat in this food at all. it is grains, fat and liver.

COMPOSITION: rice, wheat gluten, wheat, animal fats, maize, maize gluten, husked oats, hydrolysed poultry liver, minerals, soya oil, beet pulp, fish oil (source of EPA and DHA), flax seeds (source of omega 3), fructo-oligosaccharides, borage oil (source of gamma-linolenic acid), marigold extract (source of lutein).

What other foods do you have available to you?

Oh my... My little boy.. ;(((

Well, I budget for him meat./ chicken- it's 100% meat - without corns no rice nothing like that.
I added him some old food to this to avoid the water pop, I'll see tomorrow at afternoon how's he feel with that new food.

I hope the food will help now, what should I need keep on now?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.