Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Licking the air!

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    use it for the tail too.... it has a natural drying agent so there is no concerns about the moisture building up again. I know the vet sat to flush with water, but that will keep it moist/wet which is not want you want
    I did raise that concern he said the diaper rash cream he recommended is a drying agent. I think I will be trying the witch hazel though as I get what you are saying completely. Now I have the syringes it will be great for getting right in where it's too tight for a human finger. Oh forgot to say he also thought George could loose some weight not a huge amount but a couple of pounds I was a little shocked by that but I will reduce his food a little and I think once he's walking again properly he should be grand.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    @Evilo

Izzy has a deep pocket too. I always keep at home a prescription ointment I get at her vet called KBT. If you need me to get more information for you I can do that. I buy a syringe with this medication and use when area gets very irritated. If I clean Izzy's 2x a day it will bleed.... so I do 1x every other day. When it gets bad I just use this ointment (it looks like vaseline but it was medication on it) and leave alone for a week. It's wonderful!

She also licks the air... but every time I touch her behind she licks the air! She loves when I do it.... lol.
    Yes the vet only recommended we do it twice a week for the moment.
    His licking the air was totally unprevoked as in we were walking and he just sat down and started biting at the air exposed his bottom teeth then the licking followed by this excessive drooling (he isn't a drooler at all). I think though it could have been a slight reaction to his worming pills I think.
    Thank you for your reply all help is greatly appreciated.

4. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpeg
    This is George since we got back from the vet yesterday (hope the pic is here) he isn't interested in anything just sitting in his bed either in his crate or in the sitting room he doesn't want to interact with me at all. He just gets up to go to the bathroom or to eat. I hope he just resting to get better and isn't depressed or mad at us for having vets poking at him 😔
    Totally unrelated there is a TV show here (well it's from England) called Supervet if anyone is interested in vets and what they can do in general, this guy is an absolute miracle worker (he is Irish btw, Noel Fitzpatrick) you might be able to look it up on YouTube that's were I watch it. If I get no joy with this tail issue in the next few months I will be seeking a referral to this practice in the UK.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

. I see freckles on his ear. .... Live me some freckles (sigh)!

He may still have some discomfort but will he go for a walk or car ride?

I think that show is on in the US on National Geographic channel-- they have a few vet shows based in different states throughout the US that i watch. One is in Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, and Denver. There us also one called 'Vet school' that follows last year students through their day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes Evilo liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

. I see freckles on his ear. .... Live me some freckles (sigh)!

He may still have some discomfort but will he go for a walk or car ride?

I think that show is on in the US on National Geographic channel-- they have a few vet shows based in different states throughout the US that i watch. One is in Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, and Denver. There us also one called 'Vet school' that follows last year students through their day.

g
    Yep he has freckles ��
    Yes I walked him a little he was grand and he has livened up in the last hour ��
    I seen vet school yesterday on YouTube I didn't know about it just came across it by accident it was very good the episode I watched. Oh if you can watch Supervet it is really brilliant I think. He did fantastic work on a badly deformed bulldog bitch rebuilt all her legs and she had breast tumours too which he got fixed she was great after it. A rescue from a puppy mill she had been kept in a small crate for 3 years that's how her legs never grew properly.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
    g
    Yep he has freckles ��
    Yes I walked him a little he was grand and he has livened up in the last hour ��
    I seen vet school yesterday on YouTube I didn't know about it just came across it by accident it was very good the episode I watched. Oh if you can watch Supervet it is really brilliant I think. He did fantastic work on a badly deformed bulldog bitch rebuilt all her legs and she had breast tumours too which he got fixed she was great after it. A rescue from a puppy mill she had been kept in a small crate for 3 years that's how her legs never grew properly.
    Wow... That us amazing! I can't watch some of those episodes--- hurts my heart and soul too much --- humanity is so cruel at times

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes Evilo liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Wow... That us amazing! I can't watch some of those episodes--- hurts my heart and soul too much --- humanity is so cruel at times

Yes people baffle me sometimes with their ability to hurt I understand it's difficult to watch some stuff.

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads