Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NOW it's both of them… Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    She felt in there when he was bleeding, and she didn't say they had ruptured… I would assume she would have suggested surgery at that point. The last time I took him in she expressed them, and didn't mention that they were "bad" she just said that since he had such a bad infection prior he was still in pain. That was when we started the metacam… I just gave him some this morning to see if he mellows out. I will ask her tomorrow if she thinks that one of them ruptured… Ugh!
    How did Walter act when the vet was messing aroung back there? Can you redirect him with cheese and someone else takes care of the behind? Brutus is a two man job. If he has an ear infection, One of us has to distract with cheese in front of his face and the other puts the drops in. If it is just ear cleaner and no infection, I can do that alone. If he is in pain he will try to bite if I do it alone. Before he had such an infection, were you able to clean his butt by yourself with no issues? He is probably associating pain to it now.
    My smooshy face boy!

2. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    isn't there a new house guest ?

Also, when correcting him, are you really raising your voice (yelling) or just being firm with him?
    Yes Marcus is living here for now BUT this has been going on for months… sometimes I do YELL because I'm SO angry at his madness, but there are times when I'm using my OBEY ME voice!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    How did Walter act when the vet was messing aroung back there? Can you redirect him with cheese and someone else takes care of the behind? Brutus is a two man job. If he has an ear infection, One of us has to distract with cheese in front of his face and the other puts the drops in. If it is just ear cleaner and no infection, I can do that alone. If he is in pain he will try to bite if I do it alone. Before he had such an infection, were you able to clean his butt by yourself with no issues? He is probably associating pain to it now.
    I used cut up hot dogs last night, and he let me swipe his bottom… I had to do it quick thought!!! Walter was a MESS at the vets, and since she has to get to those anals I just told her to use the soft muzzle.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I used cut up hot dogs last night, and he let me swipe his bottom… I had to do it quick thought!!! Walter was a MESS at the vets, and since she has to get to those anals I just told her to use the soft muzzle.
    Ok, so I really think he is acting out because of the pain more than a behavior issue. Just keep sending him to time out when he does it so he know this cannot become an all the time behavior. Poor baby. If you have a lot of work to do maybe you could use a whole hot dog, let lily hold the far end of it and let him munch on it while you take care of business. it works like a charm for us every time.
    My smooshy face boy!

7. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

JUST got back from the vets and WOW… lots of stuff to tell you guys...

First of all Willow doesn't have a UTI, her urine was clean so this is just behavioral. So I guess it's back to basics for her

WALTER… well she cleaned his anals again, which she said they were full. We explained what has been going on and she agreed w/us and did a full blood panel, and x-rays on his legs and pelvis area and she also ran a urine test. His x-rays were perfect, we should hear back on the labs by Tues. While we were in the room, Walter was ALL over the tech… giving her loving while she was rubbing him on his neck and near his butt. NO ISSUES AT ALL… then later Ray rubbed by his neck, and Walter went off like he does at home. Luckily for us this time the vet was in the room and saw it all… she had me call this behaviorist in Nashville that runs a program called Dog Speak. She said that this lady was amazing, and she has heard first hand how she has helped some of her harder cases. Pending his blood work results, the vet is thinking that this is behavioral. I just called and left a message at Dog Speak so I will have to let you know how this goes, but apparently the lady does an in home evaluation and then gives you weekly assignments to work on.

The vet wants us to get the lab work back, talk to the behaviorist and she's going to consult w/a neurologist. She wants to get ALL of this information collected first BEFORE we decide on neutering at this point. I feel comfortable w/her decision…

I honestly can NOT believe that this is happening, I just don't understand WHY he has turned on us like this…. Ray & I were talking on the way home, we just don't know what went wrong
    @bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @TyTysmom @Texas Carol @JennieS @cali baker @Petra @RiiSi @Manydogs

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good News with Willow!

As for Wally... Only thing i can think of is all the changes at home.... Kids in, kids left, Marcus back...Ray coming and going --- he may be insecure with the current environment and you'll need to give more structure? Nit saying that is it, but all i can think of based on all you have done and described

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes Texas Carol, CCandMurray, ddnene, Petra liked this post
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Tracey, I know this is all so stressful but first of all, try to not think of it as Walter turning on you and Ray. I know it might seem like he is but Walter must be reacting this way b/c he's feeling some sort of stress and something has been triggering it. He may also sense that you and Ray are maybe apprehensive around him (?)

I think it's great that you're taking steps to contact this behaviorist and also a neurologist. It's so tough when we are met with these challenging behaviors that are loving dogs sometimes exhibit towards us. This morning I had an experience with Finn; he's been in the habit of humping me when I'm laying in bed and this morning he was doing it again. I have to almost peel him off me, and carry him off my body when he does this and I say a very firm and stern "NO!" Well, this a.m. that was met with an angry growl by him. I just stood my ground and turned away from him and left the area where he was. I don't know what I'm doing half the time when Finn challenges me though. I just know that I need to be firm, stand my ground, and let him know that I'm in control and he's not.

I'm so glad Willow doesn't have a UTI. She's so young and smart, she will get the potty training down soon!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Oh Honey, my heart goes out to all of you, including Walter & Willow.

As humans, we tend to blame ourselves for anything & everything.
    These bulldogs test us, they are not easy dogs to live with, so many
    issues, suddenly too. Like our own children, they take out unhappiness
    on US because they can, it's not personal. They feel safe to do so with
    us...to let it out. Walter may be reacting but he's not turning on y'all.
    Still...it feels that way and your worry & sorrow kills me for y'all. Willow
    is probably picking up that tension and her uncertainly is reflected in the
    potty arena. We tend to slack off (in worry & sympathy) when really, we
    should stay firm, consistent & expecting of obedience. Always able to GIVE
    out advice and hard to see issues in our own areas until out of hand.

Be forgiving of yourselves and regain your confidence, y'all have been thru
    SO much, Honey. The Vet seems to have this and I like her advice, right on!

Sending big Texas hugs of love, support & strength...one day at a time, right?!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

13. Likes 2BullyMama, jenzaar, CCandMurray, ddnene liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow, not again I'm wondering if each time Ray leaves and then he comes back Walter feels like Ray is invading his territory. Or was this starting before Ray came home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

15. Likes Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I am in shock and don't even know what to say. He could be reacting to anything, willow too. I think seeing a behaviorist is the best thing you can do. Everyone gave such good advice. I hope that the behaviorist can help and that it's easily fixed.

ugh lady, it's GOING to get better.

17. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Tracey I'm so sorry you guys are going through all this really glad it sounds like you have a wonderful vet and I hope the behaviorist is just as awesome. Murray and I are sending lots of love and hugs and healing thoughts your way in the meantime!

19. Likes Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I'm thinking like 2BullyMama, maybe he needs more regularity if possible...

The male we rescued, Frasier, would act completely different with different people. With me he was dominant, with Riaan he was sometimes aggressive and around stranger he was an angel (of course). When Riaan started working away from home I couldn't handle him anymore, he scared the crap out of me But with our dog trainer he was like a different dog, so strange.

I'm sure the trainer can help you, it got so much better for us with help
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

21. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads