Funny noises

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
2days now funny noises coming from Ms Nyala's nose/throat. like a mucus noise. Like most knows it's my first experience with bullies. They sure are different little buggers. She's all full of energy as always, drinks plenty of water, eats well, plays non stop and sleeps her nights well. Nothing has changed just that funny noise which is not always either. Maybe it's nothing but rather ask my walking dictionaries in here. :)

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Has she been or done anything different past couple of days , different foods snacks ect ect , wash her blankets in different detergent ect ect ?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] If it is a mucous sound,with no nose discharge,give her a squirt of lemon juice(like in those plastic lemons) or put lemon juice in a syringe(no needle) and squirt it in her mouth. It helps break up the mucous.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@helsonwheels If it is a mucous sound,with no nose discharge,give her a squirt of lemon juice(like in those plastic lemons) or put lemon juice in a syringe(no needle) and squirt it in her mouth. It helps break up the mucous.

:goodpost: Great advice on the lemon juice, and you could give her benadryl… it could be allergy drainage.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
no change anywhere. And lemon looks interesting. Hmmm while I typing this last night I was using peppermint essential oil and she did come up from behind while I was sitting and using it and too a good sniff. That will open up any air passage. But it was that as it was at same time as I notice the mucus noise.

Thank you for your inputs. Much appreciated :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems it's coming from her throat as her nose is nice and clear. She is breathing very well I did squirt with bit of lemon juice 30mins ago. Didn't use much maybe 1/4 teaspoonand a minute ago she made more gurgling noise. It's been very warm here for winter. Cool in the mornings, yes still.snow bit melting alot in the day. Very wet.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
update...this morning when I woke up she had guk aroused her right eye. like EB they a bit once in a while but her eye had it all around it .When she saw me going towards her kennel to open it she was making the gurgling noise and it stopped. She drank and ate.well. Right now she's playing. She just doesn't look sick or mopes around. if it's an allergy, how much of benadryl? She's 35lbs. Thank you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Benedryl... 1mg per pound up to 3x a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Helene, you've been given great advice already from everyone above. It does sound like she may have an allergy of some sort, maybe environmental. Eye goop can also be a sign of allergies as long as it isn't green or smelly which would indicate an eye infection. I would try the Benadryl first and see if she improves, and if she doesn't she may be getting a cold. You can also try some over the counter eye drops like Polysporin or saline drops to see if that helps her eye. If these things don't clear up in a few days then I would take her to the vet for a check up. I hope it clears up soon.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
ok got... Thank you for your inputs. You guy's are great!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sounds like allergies and at 35 lbs you could give 1 benadryl AM & 1 at PM.

It could make her drowsy but it makes others hyper, just have to see. Great
that she seems well.

Sending y'all LOVE & prayers :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hard to figure out why she has allergies. Nothing has changed since I had her at 3 months and now 5ish months. Geez feels longer lolllll. I did buy liver strip. This is pure dry liver nothing else inside. She probably had one stip in 3 days. Im not a big treat fan. I haven't given her any for pass 2 days thinking maybe it's that. Man bullies really keeps you on your toes. :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hard to figure out why she has allergies. Nothing has changed since I had her at 3 months and now 5ish months. Geez feels longer lolllll. I did buy liver strip. This is pure dry liver nothing else inside. She probably had one stip in 3 days. Im not a big treat fan. I haven't given her any for pass 2 days thinking maybe it's that. Man bullies really keeps you on your toes. :)

Yes, they do keep us on our toes, hopefully tho, Nyala won't have any other issues.

Allergies take time to develop so it's not an odd thing. Humans & animals have developed
them even in adult years after no earlier problems.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will give her another Benedryl before bedtime. Like she's clogged up. You hear her trying to clear. Like every hour or 2.
Im baby sitting my son's 2 grummpies for a week. He's gone to Cuba. Just got them an hour ago so has nothing to do with his dogs. So I will keep a close eye on Nyala and if it's not any better in a couple days, I will bring her to the vet. She's being spayed on March 18th. She needs to be healthy. :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmmm she won't eat her coconut oil. That's not like her. She usually swallows it in one shot.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.