distichiasis overseas

ilikeseashells

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA but live in Hungary
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
So Jax has had issues with entropion and distichiasis since he was a little less than a year old. I am American but live in Hungary where the vet care isn't the best. The vet gave me eye drops to protect his corea called Aptus Sentrx which he gets twice a day. I am moving soon and was wondering if I should stock up before I go. Anyone know the average price of comparable drops? Also, he has had two surgeries to take the hairs off by cauterizing. Every time the hairs grow back and poor Jax is left rubbing his eyes :( There is a place in Budapest that does cryo. Anyone have experience with a way to get rid of the hairs once and for all. HELP!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter has distichia, and he has had the lashes removed twice now by having them frozen off. He needs ONE more surgery and the vet believes that this will be the LAST one…

I'm SO sorry that the lashes keep causing problems, it was my understanding that freezing the follicles would stop the lashes from coming back. Are you sure it's the lashes causing the issues or is the eyelids folding back again? (Entropion)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience and send you lots of positive thoughts that you can have his eyes fixed for sure

OP
I

ilikeseashells

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA but live in Hungary
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
I think its a mixture of both. I can visibly see the little hairs scratching him :( His mom was blind and now I think it is because she had the same issue and it was never dealt with. The care of pet dogs is different here because I live in a small town. They all think I am crazy for how much I do for my dog. I will travel to Budapest and try cryo. Sounds like that is his best chance. I was trying to get it done before I leave because its under 200 dollars here.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
So Jax has had issues with entropion and distichiasis since he was a little less than a year old. I am American but live in Hungary where the vet care isn't the best. The vet gave me eye drops to protect his corea called Aptus Sentrx which he gets twice a day. I am moving soon and was wondering if I should stock up before I go. Anyone know the average price of comparable drops? Also, he has had two surgeries to take the hairs off by cauterizing. Every time the hairs grow back and poor Jax is left rubbing his eyes :( There is a place in Budapest that does cryo. Anyone have experience with a way to get rid of the hairs once and for all. HELP!
So we have tons of experience with both.Our Abbott has had 4 eye surgeries plus several other procedures.Here is the issue they should cut the eyelashes out by now not continue to freeze,especially because they will grow back.And if entropion is the issue surgery is usually the option because of eyelid rolling.Take it from me make sure the vet is qualified to do these surgeries or you'll be going back and back.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.