Thread: distichiasis overseas

Country
    USA but live in Hungary
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

Default distichiasis overseas

So Jax has had issues with entropion and distichiasis since he was a little less than a year old. I am American but live in Hungary where the vet care isn't the best. The vet gave me eye drops to protect his corea called Aptus Sentrx which he gets twice a day. I am moving soon and was wondering if I should stock up before I go. Anyone know the average price of comparable drops? Also, he has had two surgeries to take the hairs off by cauterizing. Every time the hairs grow back and poor Jax is left rubbing his eyes There is a place in Budapest that does cryo. Anyone have experience with a way to get rid of the hairs once and for all. HELP!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: distichiasis overseas

Walter has distichia, and he has had the lashes removed twice now by having them frozen off. He needs ONE more surgery and the vet believes that this will be the LAST one…

I'm SO sorry that the lashes keep causing problems, it was my understanding that freezing the follicles would stop the lashes from coming back. Are you sure it's the lashes causing the issues or is the eyelids folding back again? (Entropion)

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience and send you lots of positive thoughts that you can have his eyes fixed for sure
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA but live in Hungary
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

I think its a mixture of both. I can visibly see the little hairs scratching him His mom was blind and now I think it is because she had the same issue and it was never dealt with. The care of pet dogs is different here because I live in a small town. They all think I am crazy for how much I do for my dog. I will travel to Budapest and try cryo. Sounds like that is his best chance. I was trying to get it done before I leave because its under 200 dollars here.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeseashells View Post
    So Jax has had issues with entropion and distichiasis since he was a little less than a year old. I am American but live in Hungary where the vet care isn't the best. The vet gave me eye drops to protect his corea called Aptus Sentrx which he gets twice a day. I am moving soon and was wondering if I should stock up before I go. Anyone know the average price of comparable drops? Also, he has had two surgeries to take the hairs off by cauterizing. Every time the hairs grow back and poor Jax is left rubbing his eyes There is a place in Budapest that does cryo. Anyone have experience with a way to get rid of the hairs once and for all. HELP!
    So we have tons of experience with both.Our Abbott has had 4 eye surgeries plus several other procedures.Here is the issue they should cut the eyelashes out by now not continue to freeze,especially because they will grow back.And if entropion is the issue surgery is usually the option because of eyelid rolling.Take it from me make sure the vet is qualified to do these surgeries or you'll be going back and back.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Remove Ads